New app: Delineato - Elegant mindmapping and brainstorming

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by delineato, Dec 9, 2014.

1. delineato macrumors newbie

After the success of the Mac version (featured as new and noteworthy by Apple, praised by MacFormat, MacWorld and with solid ratings and reviews), we are pleased to announce the release of the much anticipated iPad version!

[​IMG]

Delineato - the italian word for "outline". Designed using the WYSIWYN paradigm - What You See Is What You Need - this carefully crafted application is targeted at creating simple diagrams, mind maps, brainstorming, to-do lists, architectural diagrams.
    A clutter-free interface allows you to concentrate and focus on the essence of your work.

Don't forget to check our website for the video-teaser and video-tutorial as well as the F.A.Q. section!

Features List:
    * Infinite canvas on 0,0 axis and retina-displays compatibility;
    * Multiple shapes and connectors;
    * Place image from camera roll;
    * Edit directly, drag-and-drop shapes and connectors from a palette;
    * Themes;
    * Dark mysterious mood or Light grey stylish mood;
    * Text on links with full customization;
    * Grid and snap to grid;
    * iCloud drive compatibility (import and export);
    * Export to .pdf, image or by email as Delineato file to use as local document with your Mac version;
    * Zen minimalistic design with ambiance musics;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We will offering promo codes for the iPad version on the appropriate forum so stay tuned!

Currently the Mac version is waiting for review to be back online/available.

Website

View on AppStore

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I would love to see custom color palettes for formatting. I think the defaults are a bit too bright.

I also feel like the popup when entering text is a bit weird... Is that to make it easer with the on-screen keyboard? I am using a Bluetooth one, so I wasn't sure...

Otherwise I'm impressed with it so far!

3. delineato thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Jessica

Thanks for your input.
    Yeah the pop-up is related to the on-screen keyboard that occupies a lot of space :)

As for the color palletes, it saves the last chosen colors. The ones per default may be a bit bright but as you change or format colors the ones you use appear/saves on the pallete :)

Best regards

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I noticed that as I used it more. I think adding another row or so would help. Very easy to get a color you don't like, and then lose the others. I know that color choices in iOS are particularly hard for developers to deal with. That is something I hope Apple eventually comes up with a solution for.

BTW... Can we get an option to change the background color in the next few updates? Did save out the one I was just working on and it gave me the gray backgound. Definately going to be printing some of these sometimes! :D

Am understanding why the popup works well now. Thanks!

5. delineato thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Jessica

Hmm I guess we can try to fit in more color boxes :)
    As for the background color we need to add that option first to the Mac version which is a bit more tricky :)

Thanks