[New app] HAVEN - Creative Writing Tool

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CreativeWrite, May 6, 2015.

1. CreativeWrite, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015

CreativeWrite macrumors newbie

Dear Mac Users,

I'm pleased to share with you a new writing software developed for MacOS X.

Simply put, HAVEN is a tool that helps all kinds of amateur and professional writers to get inspired and focused on their writing, stimulating their creativity and creating a peaceful mind-set, while offering bullet-proof creative writing aids. HAVEN transports the user to a multitude of ambiances, offering a place to write on several distinct localizations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Giving a different use to Apple's SceneKit, we've developed several animated locations (themes) where users can focus and simply write, as well as added many commonly and proven creative writing tools.

I hope you enjoy it :)
    We'll be giving a couple of promo codes on the appropriate forum!

Thank you!
    -Mike
    www.placetowrite.com
    www.facebook.com/placetowrite
    www.twitter.com/placetowrite

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I did see this via Appshopper and looks very good. looking forward to try this. Thanks for sharing.

3. CreativeWrite thread starter macrumors newbie

4. CreativeWrite thread starter macrumors newbie

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Looks great.

I can't watch the features video (I'm at work), so could you tell me - does it support user-created themes? Maybe it's just me, but I love having an image in the background that's relevant (sets the scene) for what I'm writing about. With or without the translucency/blurring effect.

Thanks again, and great work!

6. CreativeWrite thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi whooleytoo

It doesn't support user created themes because these are themes/locations that have animations included as well as other nuances related to the theme itself, for instance, the classical literature excerpts are from authors from the country of that location, the myths&legends too, etc :)

We thought to give the ability for users to load a background image but it wasn't working very well with the test users because it has to be really a big image. Anyway we're still looking into it :)

Thanks for the kind words.
    Best regards

7. Arid macrumors member

Arid

Looks promising! Can't wait to give it a try!

8. CreativeWrite thread starter macrumors newbie