New app: Summerboard. EXCELLENT!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The General, Sep 3, 2007.

1. The General macrumors 601

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

3. Lionheart macrumors regular

Lionheart

Dude...where's that ultracool Leopard wallpaper you had? Looks like you could still use that with this. I installed, but when back because I like my 4th row being part of my "look". Very cool app, tho...no doubt!
    :)

4. rperalta macrumors 6502

Awesome app! I hope the next has the black wallpaper like the original...maybe have different background...dunno if that is possible.

Thanks,
    Robert

5. The General thread starter macrumors 601

It picks the system wall paper. You could make an all black wall paper so it looks like a regular iPhone but with scrolling icons, but then you wouldn't have a background when you lock the phone.

I'm making up some wallpapers to try out ... Leopard, Tiger, etc ... I'll post screenshots if I feel they are worthy of your praise. :rolleyes::p:D

6. kydee6039 macrumors member

I installed this but for some reason I cannot get it to work?? Do I have to do something specific to enable this??

7. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

loved the app, but i was distracted by that WD My Book light on the left:D

8. The General thread starter macrumors 601

You may need to install BSD Subsystem to get it to work. It should just start up once you install it.

:D It is pretty distracting. I am transferring all the data I have on it to another drive so I can take it back to Best Buy today. It's a 1TB drive, and apparently the double drive ones have fans in them that are really really loud. :mad:

That and it vibrates my desk and makes even more noise, if you can see I have it setting on a box to help pad the noise. :rolleyes:

9. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Yep i'm eyeballing them 1TB drives :cool: running the 320's and 2x 500's at the mo - just love em

10. rperalta macrumors 6502

What are the extra 2 icons on the SummerBoard?
    FeildTest and DemoApp

I clicked on the DemoApp but it does nothing?

Uninstalling SummerBoard but still left with the icons.

Are you experiencing the same thing?

Thanks,
    Robert

11. The General thread starter macrumors 601

Wow, they already updated it. Now it extends above the "menu bar" as you can see in this a screenshot I took:

[​IMG]

Wow I should have fixed my lower icons before taking the screenshot. :eek:

Haha...

12. kydee6039 macrumors member

BSD Subsystem is installed.

Still cannot access this program?? WHEN GOING TO THE MAIN PAGE I SHOULD JUST BE ABLE TO SCROLL CORRECT?? Sorry for the caps - to lazy to retype!!

13. rperalta macrumors 6502

Edit: The FieldTest and DemoApp have disappeared on the new version. It looks a lot cleaner and running faster for me.

14. rperalta macrumors 6502

Shutdown the iPhone..it usually take just one time...some people mentioned couple of times before it worked for them. Regards.

15. n0mmo macrumors newbie

Hmm.. the update re-hid the offending apps but now the dock isn't clickable.
    Bah, but who needs to use the phone, mail, safari or ipod apps anyways?

16. The General thread starter macrumors 601

Haha! I can't believe I hadn't noticed that yet. I hope they release an update to fix that sooner rather than later.

17. jasonnorm macrumors regular

jasonnorm

Had to un-install until they fix the doc icons.. lol. I kind of new the phone part to work :rolleyes:

18. woodbutcher macrumors regular

woodbutcher

first uninstall, and restart did not bring things back to normal, but second restart did the trick, nice app. I hope he gets it working

19. jasonnorm macrumors regular

jasonnorm

Also, does anyone know of a way to completely hid the doc image so that the wallpaper image completely covers the phone? I tried renaming the springboard dock image file so that it wouldn't load it, but it simply displayed black bar in it's place. I am assuming that is because springboard calls a function to make the background black.

Any ideas? I guess I could create a small dock background file that would "complete" the background image but that would be a pain in the you know what. PLUS, that would not allow me to quickly switch backgrounds on the fly (as this app allows you to do). If I were to create a transparent image in photoshop as the dock background would that simply show the black or the wallpaper? Any ideas? :confused:

20. The General thread starter macrumors 601

Open your wallpaper image in Photoshop, go to Image -> Canvas Size. Set clamp to the down arrow. Change it from 320x480 to 320x91. Save it as /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

It's possible to write a script to automatically change it when you change wallpapers ... but I don't know how to do that.

EDIT: They just posted another update to Summerboard that fixes the lower icon issue.

21. kydee6039 macrumors member

I still cannot get this thing to work - any other ideas??

22. The General thread starter macrumors 601

Are you using 1.0.0, or 1.0.1? I have 1.0.2 and it works fine. I have everything installed but:

Dock
    Launcher
    MobileTerminal
    XLaunch
    SBKb
    iLauncher
    rSBT
    SwapTunes

Maybe it has a dependancy that I have that you don't have.

23. TheRuggedLion macrumors member

TheRuggedLion

Summerboard just got another update, nice! Phone and iPod buttons now working, thanks for the super fast update!!

24. kydee6039 macrumors member

I am running 1.0.2. I have installed:

Launcher
    NES
    ApolloIM
    Finder
    Mines
    Preview
    VNotes
    iBlackJack
    ILauncher
    BSD Subsystem

Who the hell knows?? I would love to get this working though!!

25. -Wild Bill- macrumors newbie

Summerboard SBDockBG2.png

To get the dock to be black in summerboard the General posted:

Open your wallpaper image in Photoshop, go to Image -> Canvas Size. Set clamp to the down arrow. Change it from 320x480 to 320x91. Save it as /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

I can't find that directory in my system. Went to Macintosh HD/System/Library/CoreServices/ but no Springboard. Is the I phone filesystem supposed to show up somehow? If so how do you get to it?

Thanks,

Bill