New app switcher iOS 9 Beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by George Waseem, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Which app switcher do u think looks better.

1. Original (iOS 9)

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Reduced Motion version (iOS 9.2B2)

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. I didn't get iOS 9.2

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. George Waseem macrumors regular

George Waseem

I have noticed a big change in the app switcher (using reduced motion), it looks better and probably faster "Apple finally did it in the way it was supposed to be" , unfortunately u have to turn on reduce motion To activate the new switcher which is kinda annoying, I hope apple makes a setting option to choose between the motion reduced version and the graphic intensive version.

2. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

I usually have reduced motion turned on but turned it off to get the app switcher back to normal. Not sure it's worth it though, I'd rather not have all the motions on…

3. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

4. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

Yeah I don't like how slow it is. Not worth it to turn reduce motion off to fix it though

5. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

I've seen a lot of complaints from people using Reduce Motion (including it being slow), so it doesn't seem to be better in use.

6. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

I actually prefer the app switcher in iOS 8 than the way it's implemented in iOS 9, but in iOS 9.2 b2 w/reduced motion on is terribly slow. I hope it's just a bug.

7. Act3 macrumors 65816

Thankfully its in the beta to be tested and maybe rejected.

8. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

It's a beta, so they're testing something new. Doesn't mean itll stay that way.

I wish they'd add back badges to the app switcher to know which apps have notifications rather than tinker with different switchers for reduce motion. One thing that iOS9 did not carry over that it shouldve

9. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

wow, reduce motion app switcher is garbage, just another reason to never use that feature, its always sucked in my eyes, neutering the device & making it look ugly for nothing

10. Radon87000 macrumors 601

People are forced to use that feature.Its not outta choice

11. mulatosnarf macrumors member

Why

12. Radon87000 macrumors 601

People turn on that option because the device lags without it in the app switcher

13. NJFP macrumors 6502

Been playing with this since yesterday. I like the newer look and on my 6S+ there's no lag and no stutter. It's super fast. Tried it with a bunch of apps open, and with only a few. I would prefer if there could be the app icon above the app like when reduced motion is off, so you can see where your app is you're looking for. No real biggie though.

14. dilap macrumors 6502a

15. bushido Suspended

bushido

i actually cant use it without being turned on. the animations are way too slow on iOS. the fade in and out while switching between apps does my head in

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Let's hope they make it work fine with that option. I really don't care for animations and have it enabled because of that, and it shouldn't make things work slower/worse.

17. Act3 macrumors 65816

Apple added this feature in one of the iOS 7 versions to help users that were experiencing motion sickness due to the new animations.

18. ielessar macrumors regular

I havent tried iOS 9.2 or 9.2b2, but I hate the iOS 9 app switcher. It is just feels like apps are out of my control and too fast.

19. belfong macrumors newbie

belfong

Would love to see a picture of this new task switcher as well.

20. belfong macrumors newbie

belfong

Thanks for the video but I don’t think this new task switcher is new in Beta 2. This have been the case even in iOS 9.0 where after turning on Reduce Motion it became flat cards.

21. C DM macrumors Westmere

But they don't work the same way. Look at how the app icons and names at the top left just change and don't move, while they do in iOS 9.1. Also in 9.1 and earlier the cards can be flicked and a few move with that motion until they slow down, while in the updated switcher you can only slide them over and essentially do it in a one by one manner from what I understand.