Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Just wondering if there are any must-have games or apps if your an aTV owner, for mirroring or airplay.

So far enjoying GarageBand through a decent sound system (shame about the lag though). Anything else?

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Remote
Beamer
Subler

If you are into creating music, then djay and vjay from Algoriddim, maybe. Or Traktor DJ by Native Instruments.

Oh and Real Racing uses mirroring in a funny way.

Last edited:

institute

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
Plex
Crackle
UStream
Justin TV
Amazon Instant Video (requires amazon prime)

And any of the TV network apps if you like mainstream TV. I have used CBS, NBC, PBS, ITVPlayer and BBC. These are usually region restricted to either the US or UK and you have to use a DNS service or or VPN to see them if you are not from there.

Last edited:

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
Plex
Crackle
UStream
Justin TV
Amazon Instant Video (requires amazon prime)

And any of the TV network apps if you like mainstream TV. I have used CBS, NBC, PBS, ITVPlayer and BBC. These are usually region restricted to either the US or UK and you have to use a DNS service or or VPN to see them.

Aren't those jailbreak necessary?

I second Beamer..it's great...would be perfect it had playlists.

institute

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
He asked for Airplay capable stuff. These are all iOS available.

----------

The Brit ones require you set up a UK iTunes account but that is easy to do.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
If you have a media library not inside iTunes already then I recommend AirVideo HD

I use it with my iPhone to watch documentaries etc from my mac on the TV via Airplay. have yet to find any file it has issue with and handles 1080p mkv files from my bluray disks without any stutters. (and its so much nicer to leave all the blurays and dvds on the shelf).

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
If jailbroken: MovieBox

If not jailbroken: Puffin Browser, you can navigate and see flash videos ;), it does only mirroring though.

I guess Amazon Videos if you don't have other devices that can stream it, I stream it from my PS3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.