New Apple Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MegaBit, Jul 21, 2008.

1. MegaBit macrumors member

Received the newest Apple Bluetooth headset today. It shipped direct from China last Friday.

Packaging is a lot different than the previous edition. Missing are the dual dock and power adapter (but we all knew that). All you get is the headset and the travel cable that allows charging of both headset and iPhone 3G.

It performs as dismal as the previous edition regarding volume level and RF range. There are no new covers for the earbud and its just as loose as the first one. The only thing that brings me back to this headset is the charging convenience and headset battery indicator on the iPhone. Oh well.

Few pix of the box:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Saw these in the Apple store today ..looked pretty chincy.

3. higgalls macrumors regular

Looks pretty good but I wonder how easily it will actually stay in ur ear.

4. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

5. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

the original one did not come with a charging adapter just the travel cable and dual dock

6. mBox macrumors 68020

uggh just purchased this at Apple store. the charge goes down fast and I barely used it :p is this common? I used once and it seems to be losing charge as it sits there un-used?

7. RocketJohn macrumors newbie

the iPHone 3g is my first iPod of any kind... why are the headphones and headsets such and afterthought/afterbirth considering the intense focus of the design on the core product?

8. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Hey guys, I just noticed something f*cked up about the new bluetooth headset and the new iphone 3g dock. I just bought both and I've noticed that if you connected the bluetooth travel cable to the dock, the bluetooth WILL NOT pair up to your phone on the first time connecting the cable. It will also not charge the bluetooth headset at all. Basically, when the travel cable is connected to the iphone 3g dock, its as if the bluetooth headset doesn't even exist.

I'm actually very dissapointed in this because I was looking forward to a minimal setup where I simply had the everything going through one single cable and dock. Has anyone else noticed this issue? I really hope Apple can provide some sort of fix for this.