New Apple bumper is superior build quality!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by alexjholland, Nov 18, 2011.

1. alexjholland macrumors 6502

Hey

Last weekend I took my sister into town to buy a 4S and an incase candyshell. Whilst there, I mentioned to the 'genius' that (as much as I like Apple's products), the bumper I had bought for my iPhone 4 earlier this year was pretty badly designed, wore apart quickly and was overpriced.

He gave me a brand new one, with the universal-size hole for both iPhone 4 and 4S. Both the old and new are white; to go on my black iPhone 4 - but it seems the new one is different.

Aside from the gray rubber strip being lighter (even accounting for discolouration) it seems to be made of a much denser, harder rubber than the original bumper's rubber rim, which was soft and frayed away.

In short, it looks crisper, whiter and I am confident it will last better than the original bumper!

Has anyone else noted this?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

3. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

I think they are genuinely better - I agree with the OP. A friend of mine had a new one and it felt like a totally different case than mine when I got it new.

4. FlyHigh42 macrumors newbie

5. stcizzle macrumors regular

I'm sure you'll still enjoy your greenish-yellowish accessory in 2 months and then justify spending another 30 bucks in 4 months.

No wonder some of us are buying 150 dollar aluminum cases once to last until the iPhone 5 comes out.

Sorry for the sarcasm but in all honesty, Apple expects you to buy the latest and greatest gadget unless u are buying a laptop or desktop or an item over 600 bucks, so they don't really care if the accessories for the cheaper gadgets that cost only pennies to them last only 4 months. The way they look at it is you'll buy 3 or 4 of them before you buy your next iPhone. an extra 100+ bucks per customer.

6. LMD75 macrumors 6502

Does this revised bumper have updated better /softer material on the inside?