Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is offering new Apple Card customers 6% Daily Cash Back for purchases made from Apple for the month of March.

apple-card-1.jpg

The new promotion is somewhat limited in scope, as it's only valid for Apple Card users who open an account during March. Typically, customers receive 3% Daily Cash Back for purchases made from Apple. The promotion does not apply to purchases made through the Apple Card Monthly Installment program, carrier financing plans, the iPhone Upgrade Program, App Store purchases, or Apple subscriptions such as Apple One.

To apply for the Apple Card, open the Wallet app on an iPhone, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, select Apple Card, and follow the on-screen steps. Apple also offers a web-based application form.

The application process takes just a few minutes and, if approved, a virtual ‌Apple Card‌ will be available for purchases immediately. A physical, titanium Apple Card can also be requested through the Wallet app for use at retail stores that do not accept contactless payments.

Apple Card's key features include color-coded spending summaries, no fees, and typically up to 3% cash back on purchases, paid out daily. The card remains limited to the United States, but there have been some hints pointing towards an international expansion in the future.

Article Link: New Apple Card Customers Can Get 6% Daily Cash on Apple Purchases in March

Red Oak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2011
Seems like Apple Card came out with a big bang and then went quiet. I thought by now they would have a lot more cash back merchant partners and rewards, and that they would have launched in more countries.

Maybe they are trying to perfect the template before ramping things up

Heelpir8

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2019
Meanwhile, you can buy the same Apple Mac, iPad (standard configurations, mind you) on AMZ and get 5% on your AMZ Prime Visa. Everyday.With periodic sale pricing. Go figure
I use my Prime Visa almost daily but can't get an Amazon-sold 16GB RAM M1 Mac with it. :(

mansplains

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2021
After having an Apple Card since launch I wish they'd solidify what they have before trying to pull more users in. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely stable and support through iMessage is wonderful. But the lack of any macOS wallet counterpart for viewing and exporting transactions is astounding. As it stands I have to export a statement or CSV from my iPhone then AirDrop to my iMac. There isn't even an iPad version. I also understand security implications but Apple Pay on Mac requires either a model with Touch ID or using an iPhone/Watch to authenticate via the secure enclave. It's ludicrous to be unable to view more than a few transactions or other details at a time with being limited to iPhone screen.

Edit: And this isn't a complaint for wanting to link to Mint etc, I bank with Capital One and both their site and app are more robust than what you get with Apple Card. Capital One doesn't play nice with Plaid, the system most fintech apps use to automate transactions.

icanhazapple

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Pretty much rules out new product being made available for sale in March, they're looking to move the old stuff.

Announcements may occur in March, actual product for sale will probably land in April.

kmm333

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2016
Meanwhile, you can buy the same Apple Mac, iPad (standard configurations, mind you) on AMZ and get 5% on your AMZ Prime Visa. Everyday.With periodic sale pricing. Go figure
Not Apple certified refurbished or education pricing though.

trip1ex

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2008
Target red card is 5% off everyday. And you can buy apple gift cards if you want to buy Apple products through Apple. Even had a10% off deal recently on top of that.
A

Reactions: EmotionalSnow

Neepman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
Have they come up with a way to export a yearly spending report yet? A feature even bottom-feeder secured cards have? The lack of that kept many I know from bothering with this card.

subi257

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2018
New Jersey
They are all doing that....its competition the more you spend, the more they make....assuming that the average person carries a balance.

Reactions: 123

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Seems like Apple Card came out with a big bang and then went quiet. I thought by now they would have a lot more cash back merchant partners and rewards, and that they would have launched in more countries.

Maybe they are trying to perfect the template before ramping things up

Based on what? A hunch? Do you have access to their customer data, stats, or anything at all that might support your position?

subi257

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2018
New Jersey
I agree. I was kind of hopeful after the keynote when they launched it for the US but it’s gone so quiet since
I assume that they would have to find a bank to partner with in Europe? or is it and exclusive deal with Goldman Sachs? Seeing as the card is issued by Goldman,

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR

You left out the part about Amazon not allowing returns on computers and tablets unless the box is unopened or the item arrived damaged.

No thanks, I'll gladly spend the extra 2% for a customer-friendly return policy.

And as you noted, only "standard configurations" are sold on Amazon, and the more popular options for the "standard configurations" (e.g., stainless steel Apple Watch) are never discounted.

Reactions: Jxdawg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.