Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nike customers who sign up for a new Apple Card can get $75 cash back when spending $75 or more on Nike products with a promotion that Nike is highlighting in emails sent out to customers today. The deal is also outlined on Apple's website.

applenikecashbackapplecard.jpg

Through November 15, new Apple Card members who sign up and spend over $75 at Nike using Apple Pay will receive $75 cash back, with the deal available to customers who make the purchase within 30 days of opening a new Apple Card account. Purchases can be made from Nike.com, in Nike apps, or at Nike stores.

The deal is available for new Apple Card holders only, with the $75 bonus delivered as Daily Cash that can be added to an Apple Cash card or used as a credit on an Apple Card statement balance.

Apple has offered similar bonus deals in the past, providing sign up deals like $50 cash back for the first Apple service purchase or $50 in bonus cash when making a purchase at Walgreens. Apple Card deals rotate often, and this one will last through mid-November.

Update: There is also a new Apple Pay promotion offering 15% off at American Eagle when using the promo code APPLEPAY in the AE + Aerie app, on ae.com, or on aerie.com through October 21.

Article Link: New Apple Card Users Can Get $75 Daily Cash Back When Spending $75+ at Nike Stores [Updated]

Last edited:

markb1

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
I just opened earlier this week...would I be excluded from this?
Edit: Nevermind. You have to open your account no earlier than today. :(

My take is that you're included. You're still in your first 30 days. Although I can't find the offer at the link provided, so I can't read fine print.

Last edited:

Trik

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2011
Washington, DC
My take is that you're included. You're still in your first 30 days. Although I can't find the offer at the link provided, so I can't read fine print.

Subject to credit approval. Valid only for new Apple Card holders who open an account 10/15/20 through 11/15/20, and spend $75 or more at any Nike store, Nike.com, NikeAdventureClub.com, or Nike mobile apps in the U.S. using Apple Card with Apple Pay within 30 days of opening an Apple Card account. Limit one offer per account. Purchases made during the promotional period and shipped afterwards may not be eligible for the $75 cash back. Returns of qualifying items purchased during the offer period may impact your cash back. $75 cash back is earned as Daily Cash and is transferred to your Apple Cash card after $75 worth of transactions have posted to your Apple Card account. If you do not have an Apple Cash card, Daily Cash can be applied by you as a credit on your statement balance. Daily Cash is subject to exclusions, and additional details apply. See the Apple Card Customer Agreement for more details. 3% Daily Cash and $75 cash back offer are not available at Nike branded stores outside the United States. Issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch.

Reactions: adamjackson

bmumbert

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2020
Literally just got off the phone with support as I applied and was approved yesterday, out of luck on this one. You have to apply for the card between today and 11/15. That was a bummer of a call.

markb1

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
Subject to credit approval. Valid only for new Apple Card holders who open an account 10/15/20 through 11/15/20, and spend $75 or more at any Nike store, Nike.com, NikeAdventureClub.com, or Nike mobile apps in the U.S. using Apple Card with Apple Pay within 30 days of opening an Apple Card account. Limit one offer per account. Purchases made during the promotional period and shipped afterwards may not be eligible for the $75 cash back. Returns of qualifying items purchased during the offer period may impact your cash back. $75 cash back is earned as Daily Cash and is transferred to your Apple Cash card after $75 worth of transactions have posted to your Apple Card account. If you do not have an Apple Cash card, Daily Cash can be applied by you as a credit on your statement balance. Daily Cash is subject to exclusions, and additional details apply. See the Apple Card Customer Agreement for more details. 3% Daily Cash and $75 cash back offer are not available at Nike branded stores outside the United States. Issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch.

Bummer, so not valid for anyone that opened their account before today.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
So I called their customer service and they said I was eligible (opened earlier this week)

dannyyankou

macrumors G4
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Exactly! At least give us the double cash back.
I like what discover does. 1% cash back when you buy, another 1% when you pay off. Now 99% of my purchases are Apple Pay so it wouldn’t make much of a difference, but we can’t even get 5% cash back at select gas stations? Many card do that.

I’m mostly keeping Apple Card for the convenience and ease of use at this point. But I hope they add more perks.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I generally forget the Apple Card exists... honestly, its existence is kind of depressing. Apple looked at all their resources and all the problems in the world, and they decided that a credit card was something worth making.

dvanwinkle

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2009
Ohio
This is a promotion to attract new Apple Card customers. Asking what about "loyal customers" is the same as whining that new customer get $300-500 for spending a certain amount after opening an account.

rum0rm0nger

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2020
What about us loyal customers that have had the card since day 1
That's pretty much every credit card promotion - open only to "new" cardholders, which is often defined as not having had an open account within the past 12-24 months, sometimes as long as 48 months, or others with more arcane eligibility rules.

Their goal is to add new customers while doing just enough to retain existing customers. Same with most any service, really (wireless, cable, streaming, etc.)

currocj

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Earth
Opened my Apple Card account today having no idea about this.
Step 1) purchase nike sneakers for $75.01 2) Sell on ebay 3) Collect $75 apple bonus

Reactions: Geckotek

gaximus

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
lmao there's no such thing as "loyalty" when it comes to credit card openings. The apple card had garbage perks when it first started. There was absolutely no reason to get it.
You mean besides the Apple Logo???

alexandr

macrumors 68040
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I generally forget the Apple Card exists... honestly, its existence is kind of depressing. Apple looked at all their resources and all the problems in the world, and they decided that a credit card was something worth making.

i would too if i didn't use it every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.