New Apple cinema display 40 inch?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by machatch, Oct 22, 2007.

1. machatch macrumors regular

machatch

Hi!
    I just watched this incredible thin fancy big lcd screen only one 1 centimeter thick!thats amazing..look

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/new-scre...t+lcd-is-just-one-centimeter-thick-313357.php

The thing was i heard someone mentioned a new apple cinema display 40" inch.And i have read ore understood that samsung is one of apple "partners"(?) delievrig lcd screens to :apple: and i thought are this it?
    if there's are a possibilty of a 40"inch apple cinema display..(maybe only in japan?)
    Heard someone complain about the thicknes of the :apple: 30 inch wih this size(40") and thickness(1cm) it shurly wont by a problem with these:).
    However the price....:(

2. bld44 macrumors 6502

3. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

we can dream...

as much as i'd like new ACDs and will seize on any new information as possible evidence that they are finally coming, getting a new one in this size range feels like a long shot. especially since :apple: has not even released LED backlit displays for the 17" MBPs, the iMacs or, of course, the current ACDs, which are all obviously less than 40"...

that said, what i thought was most interesting about the article the OP cited was this: LED backlighting reduces power consumption to around 90 watts. so, if one of :apple:'s display partners/manufacturerers can build LED backlit displays at this size, seems like - perhaps - 20, 23 and 30" models may actually be on the horizon. i just hope that horizon is not too distant... :rolleyes:

4. jstad macrumors regular

jstad

I would love to see this happen but I have a feeling that it will not happen, or at least not for another year+ :( Go Samsung?

5. machatch thread starter macrumors regular

machatch

Yeahh.Maybe they come in 2009 realisticly speaking..
    A new range of apple displays will come soon that i believe but maybe not this ones:mad::)..But apple has bin in the front regarding the first computer 30 inch".So it would not suprise me if they hook up with a 40 inch"..
    But the samsung is way to pricy..like 10000$--hmmm

6. machatch thread starter macrumors regular

machatch

display mania

Yeahh.Samsung is the top producer right now ln new LED screens coming..

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/new-disp...ok-one-with-white-led-backlighting-311731.php

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/15/samsungs-xl-30-led-backlit-30-inch-monitor

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/22/samsungs-40-inch-1080p-lcd-tv-panel-just-0-39-inches-thin/

http://www.engadget.com/2005/05/20/samsungs-40-inch-oled-tv-pics/

Note:By the way i saw the pricing for a "old" led screen xls 20 inch from samsung.The price where 2000$!..so it's a long shoot...i guess:rolleyes:

7. Chris F macrumors regular

I really hope Apple refreshes the ACD line soon. I am in the market for a 30" display and would really like to purchase a 30" ACD but have been holding off waiting for the refresh since the current 30" ACD is quite old tech now.

Damn 3007WFP-HC keeps tempting me though and if I dont see something by year end im probably going to cave next time Dell drops the price down to the $1200 range... Cmon Apple!

8. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

refresh

am in the same boat. wanting a new ACD to go with a new Leopard-preinstalled MBP. was ready to take the plunge on both the next week or so, but then the rumors about new Mac Pros - and new ACDs to go with them - started swirling...

am personally going to see if anything happens with an announcement on the pro front. if not, the latest i think it's worth waiting (for me) is the keynote at MWSF 2008 in january...

hurry :apple:!!

9. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

10. machatch thread starter macrumors regular

machatch

Yeah..Wait for january.There are coming new mac pros.So they have to have something new sleek screens to match them..I wouldent buy dell by the way if you "snap" and can't wait for apple..then you rather should buy the viewsonic
    http://www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2835wm/
    ore the samsung 30 5t,ore the hpHP LP3065.
    he,he.just a tip:)

11. machatch thread starter macrumors regular

machatch

New screen

They got all the time in the world..:)
    just kidding i suppouse when the new mack pro arrives they will have new ACD as well:)

12. goldenlotus macrumors regular

Concave displays would be awesome. It would larger screen sizes (30inch and up) more egonomic.

13. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think it would be a nightmare. How would you determine if a line was straight, or if two objects were aligned? It would be completely dependent on your distance from the display. If you got too close, or too far away, straight lines would appear curved.

14. goldenlotus macrumors regular

It would be like an Imax screen on a much smaller scale. I guess content would have to be formated specifically for the concave screen, but I think it might be a cool direction to go.

15. machatch thread starter macrumors regular

machatch

Yeah.But concave it's to advance..Thats real science:)

16. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

That model makes me appear convex.

So yes, a concave screen would help me there.