Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Well it seems that Apple will finally update them for good since its said that it will be LED displays but the real question is will the problems that LED still have (on Apple laptops) vanish on the larger Apple displays? I dont know if its worth waiting until then, why not go get another vendors display? Is it worth it knowing that there might be problems then?

Mangaroo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
London
...why not go get another vendors display?

for an aesthetically pleasing workstation ^_^

Plus, knowing that if there were problems we could just return or exchange it. If you don't really need it now, why not wait to see what they are like, if you need/really really really wanttoplaycrysisat2560resolution now then go for it! I assume if you needed it for work you would have gotten it already - no offence, but it's a no-brainer really, dell's 30" looks great LED shmellED - although samsung's LED 30" looks pretty fantastic too, just put your mac pro on the floor so you wont be too upset about matching brands :) ..

having said that, im waiting for something to replace this dell 2407wfp - either a dell 30" + another 2407wfp to go in vertical mode...or a brand spanking new apple 30"..but i really do need more then one screen, even if it is 30"

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Yea, the design department of Apple does better than the whole industry. For instance, I'm planning on purchasing a 24" inch, which is the max res my little MacBook can chug at once. I could go and buy a thick display from other vendors. But I dont want a thick and bulky display, whereas Apple is thick (30") but the aluminum catches peoples eye. But do wait for it, the new ACD's. i might hold back my "other vendor" purchase and to ebay for an apple cinema display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.