Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zippo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Silicon Valley
This monitor is on market for 2 years already. Of course it is amazing monitor.

But is not it time to change it for something new? Do you have idea what could be substitution for this monitor? And how soon? :confused:

I am ready to buy it. But...maybe Apple announces next tuesday a brand new LCD monitor :eek: .

What do you think?? :)

merci...

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
the 30" is one if not the best one out there in the market , but the only updates we will see maybe are :

iSight built in
price reduction

and not until WWDC when the new Mac's are shown off to the world

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
liketom said:
the 30" is one if not the best one out there in the market , but the only updates we will see maybe are :

iSight built in
price reduction

and not until WWDC when the new Mac's are shown off to the world

I have to agree. That's it. Maybe a 27" monitor (don't hold me on that), but other than that just an iSight (which will be optional).

regre7

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I've looked at the ACMs, but the price tag has scared me off. If I ever get enough money to consider getting a 20+" display, I think I'd consider Dell (even though I despise them).

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Whatever they come out with, it needs to offer more connectors than just DVI-D. Ideally, it'll come with component, VGA, and HDMI inputs and be HDCP-compliant through the HDMI port.

PaulinMaryland

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Maryland, USA
27-incher..with what resolution?

4God said:
That's actually a good idea, something in between the 23" and 30" is needed - IMO. ;)
Well, Dell will soon launch a 27-inch widescreen LCD, but its resolution will be 1920x1200--the same as Dell's 24-incher. Evidently the new model is for folks who complain that when they set their display to 100 dpi, "everything is too small."

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I just want a thinner display and a little price drop. I don't care for the iSight to be built in because I can't move it around the room. Also the current 30" has had a few updates in the quality of the display. I am about the buy the current 30" but I might wait until after WWDC, just to see if they do come out with something.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
clayj said:
Whatever they come out with, it needs to offer more connectors than just DVI-D. Ideally, it'll come with component, VGA, and HDMI inputs and be HDCP-compliant through the HDMI port.

VGA and component is never going to happen as those are analog connections. Apple Displays are all-digital and will most probably stay that way -- no need for Apple to compete with HDTV manufacturers. HDMI&HDCP however are a possibility.

yankeefan24 said:
Maybe just an iSight (which will be optional).

iSight is currently optional, you don't have to buy one.

iGary said:
iSight does not play well with Windows.

Windows machines in general are lacking firewire, so there you go.

PaulinMaryland said:
Dell will soon launch a 27-inch widescreen LCD, but its resolution will be 1920x1200--the same as Dell's 24-incher.

I hate this trend. What's the point in buying a 27-inch display that has same resolution than an otherwise comparable 24-inch display? It's not like 24-incher is too small. We have gone from the megahertz myth to an inch myth -- we want bigger numbers, not more functionality. Well, in general that is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.