Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

New Apple Colour Scheme?

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
All the Apple advertising material seems to be going for a black now with a lighter patch in the middle... like the iPhone 4 + new Mac Pro, are Apple turning their backs on white, or just doing premier products in black do you think?

Jamie

DMC-12

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Nashville, TN
Apple has been using black backgrounds for advertisements for a long time, such as with the older MacBook Pros. The only color scheme issue was the transition of the iMac from white to aluminum. People thought that Apple was "over" white, but then they kept a white iPhone and redesigned the white MacBook.

Comment

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
I think the only coloured products Apple have made were the original iMacs, the iPods and the iBook Clamshell.

Comment

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
I'm not talking about the products, I'm talking about the backgrounds of the advertising material on the Apple website, which for all products up until the iPhone 4 had been White, I know they've done black in the past and I was just wondering if people thought they might be returning to it or it was just for 'power' products, like the Mac Pro + iPhone?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.