New Apple Display Reds too Bright!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sheetrock321, Aug 1, 2008.

1. sheetrock321 macrumors member

sheetrock321

anybody encountered this problem? i've got my macbook pro (2.4ghz so about 5 months old) hooked up to a brand new 23inch apple cinema display. most of the colors are great but the reds are too saturated.

any advice? i don't think it's the display because i took my macbook to an apple store and plugged it into their 23 inch display with the exact same result. reds that burn my retinae.

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I suppose the simplest way to take care of this is to open the Displays pane of the System Preferences, click the Color tab at the top, then the calibrate button that appears in that window.

You can do a simple or advance color calibration and you should be able to adjust the colors more to your liking with that built-in tool. Not the same as a hardware calibration device to be sure, but the advanced version can yield some pretty good results.

3. sheetrock321 thread starter macrumors member

sheetrock321

yeah i tried the expert calibration and no amount of tinkering gets rid of the super bright reds

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Do you have experience with older 23" ACDs , and would you say it's the same on those as well? I know compared to other LCDs I work with, the ACD has very bright colors (if I fill my screen with solid red, green, and blue — not that that ever happens in real use — it's hard to look at), but I wouldn't say the reds are any brighter than anything else.