New Apple displays anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Baklava, May 29, 2013.

1. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Baklava

Hey all,

are there any rumours about an Apple display upgrade?

BTW: I've created a fast mockup, how the next gen. display might look like. :)

Attached Files:

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Many people are saying with the Mac Pro refresh, but this is idle speculation and has no real timeframe - it could be as early as WWDC in under two weeks time, or much later this year. Nobody, outside Apple, really knows.

Nice mockup by the way :)

3. Baklava thread starter macrumors 6502a

Baklava

OK, I found this: http://www.tapscape.com/new-apple-thunderbolt-displays-coming-soon/

"As first reported by Apple Insider, a number of online retailers including Amazon and MacMall are completely out of stock of the current model Apple Thunderbolt Display. Historically, low stock levels and product unavailability amongst 3rd party resellers provide a hint that a refresh is imminent."

4. liberalart macrumors newbie

That's an old article

It quotes MacRumors as 491 days since refresh as of today it's 622, so that was more than 4 months ago and still no news of an update from Apple.

I've been waiting since my cinema display died during that flurry of new display imminent stories early this year so I held off for the new version since I had an older 23" cinema in the closet. But as we approach WWDC, I gotta say if they don't announce an update I'm going with a dell or something as the wait for a TBD that's compatible with my year old MBP (magsafe2) is ridiculous.

5. Baklava thread starter macrumors 6502a

Baklava

I'm waiting for a very long time too. :( If Apple doesn't announce new displays soon, I will go with the old 30".

6. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Nice mockup, hope it looks something like this!

7. EwanMcTeagle macrumors 6502

EwanMcTeagle

I wonder if the new TBD will lose Ethernet port... If it gets 0,02 mm thinner to lose the Ethernet then that would be awesome! Honestly I don't need it to work if it's thinner - it would just sit on the desk looking thin! Oh and no more than 1 USB port please and it cannot work properly with USB keyboards, everyone should go Bluetooth anyway ;)
    Ok, had to let some steam go:) Seriously though, the new TBDs will almost certainly go the new iMac way - as far as I would really love less glare, I really don't like the new look too much. Looks like a hunchback:)
    So for now - until I replace my good and not so old cMBPs I'm staying with the current (soon to be old) TBD. It's still a great display even though I have to use a USB extension cable for the Apple keyboard to work properly:)