New Apple 'Get A Mac' Ads On Canadian TV?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Multiple Canadian readers are reporting seeing at least two new Apple "Get a Mac" ads on Canadian TV. The ads have not appeared on Apple's Get A Mac website, but from the accounts appear to be the same ads that were previously spotted in a Tampa Bay Apple Store earlier this month. Readers report the following additional information on the ads:

In one ad, Gisele Bündchen reportedly represents a beautiful movie made on a Mac (iMovie), while the PC (with some proding) shows his movie which is an unkempt, hairy man dressed like Gisele.

In another ad aimed to demonstrate the Mac's capability in the office, both Mac and PC are wearing suits (although the Mac's suit is described as a "fairly good looking hip" suit). The PC ends up on the floor in this ad, and reportedly says something along the lines of "just let me lie here and depreciate".

A third ad seen by the Tampa Bay spotter has not yet been reported by Canadian TV watchers, but reportedly depicts the Mac and PC in a counseling session.

Digg This

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
A third ad seen by the Tampa Bay spotter has not yet been reported by Canadian TV watchers, but reportedly depicts the Mac and PC in a counseling session.
I have seen this one in Canada. It was on CTV. The Counsellor advises both the Mac and PC come in twice a week. :)

DJTJ

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
I've seen all three of them too. I still think the best one is the spywear one...

"Hello, I'm a mac... And I am no one!" HAHAHAHAHAHAH That is freaking awesome!

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
haha.. those sound hilarious. i can't wait till they hit our televisions.. or until Apple puts them on their site.

god, i love this campaign!

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
Let's see them!

I love how these adds are becoming rather iconic and seem to be taking on a life of their own.

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
I saw the one with the supermodel & guy in a dress... i cant remember what i was watching, but I know it was in the past 2-3 days.

I have rogers digital cable

mdntcallr

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2000
hey there up in canada!

go get your macs! eh! just kidding. glad apple is supporting properly there.

m

adamw

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2006
Mac guy is now a "good hacker" in new DIE HARD film with Bruce Willis

Our beloved "Mac guy" (Justin Long) featured in these Apple "Get A Mac" ads has just today been announced to play John McClane's (Bruce Willis) co-star as a "good computer hacker" in the new Die Hard 4 film called "Live Free or Die Hard". I wonder how playing a computer hacker in this new Die Hard action film about terrorists using the Internet to attack America will affect Justin's image as the Mac spokesman in the Apple ads. Do you think Steve Jobs is happy that our "Mac guy" is playing a "good hacker" that helps to save America from Internet terrorists?

Maybe Apple Macs will be featured prominantly used by the "good guys" (Justin Long and Bruce Willis) in the new film and Dell PCs will be featured used by the "bad terrorist hackers" Maggie Q and her villain boss Adrien Brody in the film -- one can only hope.

For more info about Justin "Mac" Long officially receiving the nod to co-star with Brice Willis in the new Die Hard sequel, see the article "Mac Computer and Maggie Q for Die Hard 4" at:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mac-Computer-And-Maggie-Q-For-Die-Hard-4-3468.html

Paulhammer

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2006
As a canadian, i can report that i have seen the Mac/PC counselling session ad. However, i was in a pub at the time and the sound was off, so i can't give any details. But i saw it!:)

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I saw the iMovie ad and the one with both of them in suits. I think the iMove one was pretty funny, when the guy comes on screen representing the PC movie his expression is just perfect. He looks like one of the grips for the commercial who lost a bet and had to appear in a dress on screen. :D

I would comment about the stereotypical remarks made about us here above the 49th, but I have to go see the RCMP about a ticket I got in July; I was driving my dog sled too fast through a moose crossing near Dundas square on the way back to my igloo.
:cool: :D

pwfletcher

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
Ads

I have been a macrumors user for a long time and really appreciate their hard work. However, I am going to stop surfing to macrumors.com if they keep putting those lame ads that stick to my screen on their site ... I DON'T WANT TO FILL OUT THE STUPID SURVEY!!!!

Just a rant from someone who has had enough :)

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Raid said:
I saw the iMovie ad and the one with both of them in suits. I think the iMove one was pretty funny, when the guy comes on screen representing the PC movie his expression is just perfect. He looks like one of the grips for the commercial who lost a bet and had to appear in a dress on screen. :D

I would comment about the stereotypical remarks made about us here above the 49th, but I have to go see the RCMP about a ticket I got in July driving my dog sled too fast through a moose crossing near Dundas square on the way back to my igloo.
:cool: :D
That's OK mate, now if you'll excuse me I have to see the cops here after they pulled me over for drinking whilst riding in the pouch of my kangaroo to get back to my lean-to before the sun came up and everything caught on fire again.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Chundles said:
That's OK mate, now if you'll excuse me I have to see the cops here after they pulled me over for drinking whilst riding in the pouch of my kangaroo to get back to my lean-to before the sun came up and everything caught on fire again.
I hate it when that happens! :mad:

And to get back to the topic of this thread, does anybody have a recording of the commercial to put up for those curious folks outside of Canada?

When I saw the commercials I didn't realize that they weren't in international rotation....this makes me wonder if there are other new ads that will play in other countries?

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I haven't been watching much TV lately so I haven't seen the new commercials yet either. An online link would be nice.

(MY igloo is well away from moose crossings. Nyah. :p Just bring good snowshoes before you come over, eh? Snow's been particularly bad this August.)

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Macrumors said:
The PC ends up on the floor in this ad, and reportedly says something along the lines of "just let me lie here and depreciate".
\
"depreciate" or "depricate?" I guess it works either way...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.