New Apple Imacs Question...... (and price question)

Mac2004

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
If Apple announces new Imacs this coming Tuesday how much do you think the current Imacs will drop in price (especially the 24 inch one).

I was curious what has happened in the past when new computers have been released. How much does Apple lower the prices of the older computers when new ones are released.

Lastly, do you really think it's worth waiting to get a new Imac and what changes may be on the new Imac model that will be important?

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
If Apple announces new Imacs this coming Tuesday how much do you think the current Imacs will drop in price (especially the 24 inch one).

I was curious what has happened in the past when new computers have been released. How much does Apple lower the prices of the older computers when new ones are released.

Lastly, do you really think it's worth waiting to get a new Imac and what changes may be on the new Imac model that will be important?
Apple doesn't, A place like Macmall or small dog will have previous models at around $100 off of so. You might be able to find a display model or an open box in a clearence corner. But Apple really doesn't keep previous models around.

The new iMac sounds like it could be really cool. Hopefully it will be released on Tuesday, and then yes I would say it would be worth the wait.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
as posted above, apple won't sell just-replaced models online or in retail. if you're a college student, i think your best bet would be to check your student store. i've seen prices drop from $300 to $400 on macbook and macbook pro models. i think the same is so for imacs, too.

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada
In Canada when the MB and MBP were updated recently, Future Shop (owned by Best Buy) and Best Buy had sales from CDN$200-350 off the regular Apple price. When Best Buy had their customer appreciation day, they even gave an additional 10% off the sale price ... that's when I picked up my Black MB and MBP 15".

1US$ = 1.05 CDN$

I'm hoping for the same sales.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
The refurb store will probs fill with stock of iMacs not long after the update
They usually get 16-30% off

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

It's absolutely worth waiting for the new ones. We have no idea what new features they'll have - they might be slight, but at the very least, it'll be a slimmer, faster computer with more storage.