New Apple Imacs Question...... (and price question)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac2004, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Mac2004 macrumors regular

If Apple announces new Imacs this coming Tuesday how much do you think the current Imacs will drop in price (especially the 24 inch one).

I was curious what has happened in the past when new computers have been released. How much does Apple lower the prices of the older computers when new ones are released.

Lastly, do you really think it's worth waiting to get a new iMac and what changes may be on the new Imac model that will be important?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Apple doesn't, A place like Macmall or small dog will have previous models at around $100 off of so. You might be able to find a display model or an open box in a clearence corner. But Apple really doesn't keep previous models around.

The new iMac sounds like it could be really cool. Hopefully it will be released on Tuesday, and then yes I would say it would be worth the wait.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

as posted above, apple won't sell just-replaced models online or in retail. if you're a college student, i think your best bet would be to check your student store. i've seen prices drop from $300 to $400 on macbook and macbook pro models. i think the same is so for imacs, too.

4. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

In Canada when the MB and MBP were updated recently, Future Shop (owned by Best Buy) and Best Buy had sales from CDN$200-350 off the regular Apple price. When Best Buy had their customer appreciation day, they even gave an additional 10% off the sale price ... that's when I picked up my Black MB and MBP 15".

1US$ = 1.05 CDN$

I'm hoping for the same sales.

5. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

The refurb store will probs fill with stock of iMacs not long after the update
    They usually get 16-30% off

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Apple puts the older models in the refurb section.
    Like others have said 16%-30% off is typical.

7. neven macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

It's absolutely worth waiting for the new ones. We have no idea what new features they'll have - they might be slight, but at the very least, it'll be a slimmer, faster computer with more storage.