Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
The volume up/down, mic, and center button all works with the NEW 13" MacBook Pro. It's perfect for video iChat and iTunes playback! :) I am very happy about this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Why did the OP have to post pics of his computer when he's just talking about the Apple headphones?:confused:

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Why did the OP have to post pics of his computer when he's just talking about the Apple headphones?:confused:

To show that the headphones clears the the Speck case that was made for last gen 13" Alum MacBook.

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Did the mic work? I am asking because I thought the input jack was separated from output jack, like on the 15" MBP.

They are no longer separate on the 13". Single jack now. I just tried this out; Awesome bonus!

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
Are there any alternatives to the Apple headphones with decent quality? They're too expensive. And what kind of a skype headset do I need to buy? The in ear headphones are great for movies and music but I don't like them for skype - the echo/rustling of the cord annoys me.

eV

hooly

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Am I correct in assuming that these will *not* work with the 15 and 17" MBP, due to the separate audio in port?

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Am I correct in assuming that these will *not* work with the 15 and 17" MBP, due to the separate audio in port?

They still will. All Unibody notebooks have the same headphone jack as the iPhone, so they all support the 4 point connector. I use the iPhone headset all the time on skype with my Aluminum Macbook.

petesonline

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
DjAmTraX: A little off topic, how do you like the sound quality of the headphones, I read in a couple of reviews people slamed them due to cord noise form the cord rubbing on zippers and jacket, they say you can hear a thud everytime the cord rubs up against something, is it true? :confused:

skylennard

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2005
I posted this question on another forum post, but I figured this wouldn't hurt here either....

Has anyone been able to figure out how this input is being handled in the OS?

I'd love to be able to hack this functionality (since I never use iTunes for listening to music) to control my Pandora One (desktop install) thumbs up, down, and pause/play using the headset controls.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

-nate

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.