New Apple in ear

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andygabriel, Feb 14, 2009.

1. andygabriel macrumors regular

i was wonderinv why the new in ear headphones are not compatible with iphone. It has the controls and i think it should work with the iphone 3G.

The earbuds that come with the iphone sucks. They dont fit and the sound quality sucks.

The new in ear has all the cntrls that are important for the iphone. I wanted an in ear with volume control but they dont work with the iphone. Why Apple?

I think it could work just with a software update.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Actually, about 80% of it works with the iPhone.
    The only part that doesn't is volume and next/previous.

3. jgunn macrumors regular

next previous works, just not volume control. they sound great btw.

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Don't get this earbud. Get a Shure SCL4 White for $79 (If you can still find it, they retail at $249)

5. slashjunior macrumors regular

I keep my iPhone headphones because I find the built in mic useful. I have some Yuin PK3's which sound amazing, but no mic, skipping tracks and pausing without taking the iPhone out your pocket. I have an mic adaptor thing but that just brings down sound quality, which defeats the point of using the Yuins and it makes the cord twice as long.

6. xkRoWx macrumors regular

xkRoWx

Uh, I'm kinda sick and tired of people complaining about the volume +/- doesn't work with the iPhone.

First of all, the in-ear isn't even designed for the iPhone.

Secondly, the reason why it's not compatible with iPhone is because the iPhone has a different (or outdated) headphone jack compared to the iTouch and iPod. If you want the god-damn in-line volume control so badly, custom mod your iPhone's headphone jack with the new iTouch/iPod's.

Third, there is a volume control easily accessible from the side of your iPhone. I have the new Apple In-Ears, and have never in the last 2 months of heavy usage, find it a)troublesome and/or b)difficult to control the volume on the iPhone. I have the iPhone in my jeans and jacket all the time. The only time when I needed to take my iPhone out is when I SMS, make a call and change albums. All it takes is a couple of squeeze and you're set.q

Now quit your complaining. :mad:

7. Katuls macrumors member

I've yet to have a pair of stock Apple headphones that last me over a month. By far, they are the weakest point in Apple.

8. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

This thread is not about the stock earphones, but the new Apple In-Ear headphones.

I find my apple in ear's to be great. Well worth the money. Volume control would be nice, but I didn't buy the headphones for that function so it would just be a bonus if they worked.

9. slapppy macrumors 65816

Sounds good, but you shouldn't buy it. Volume controls do not work. Your wasting money buying a product that only works 80% of the time.

10. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

But it doesn't work 80% of the time, it works 100% of the time. However, only 80% of the features work.

11. slapppy macrumors 65816

Spoken like a true Apple Fanatic. :p

12. vandlism macrumors 6502

How on earth do you destroy the stock earbuds? Yeesh, I still have earbuds from 4 years ago. Do you sit on them, blast them in cold weather, go swimming with them? A-Mazing.