New Apple In-Ears. Remove the mesh caps, get comfort!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aaquib, Mar 14, 2009.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I was watching a review on the new Apple In-Ear headphones review, and the reviewer mentioned that he decided to remove the mesh caps as they were distorting the sound for him. The sound has always been fine to me with them on, but after removing them, they feel MUCH more comfortable in my ear.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this. Is it safe? Will my headphones be more prone to damage with the mesh caps off?

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

you better believe it

those mesh caps work like an air filter works in your car

sure dust will normally get in there ( its going to happen) but you want to keep the mesh filters so that larger objects don't get stuck inside the headphones

My friend decided to run his car without an air filter because he said it increased his MPG and HP ( which were both true)

3 months later, his car started hesitating and would not turn on. Turns out he somehow managed to suck in a bird into his intake @__@

True story ( not sure how the bird got in there)

3. jbode macrumors member

Buy the rubber covered headphones they work better and sound better

4. raclotz macrumors member

raclotz

i think its safe to use it without the mesh caps... plus what the point of having the mesh caps if you dont like the fitting and the sound...

5. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

put it this way, the mesh caps aren't there to look pretty, they are there to protect the magnets and working inside the headphones. They are almost definitely gonna wear out and deteriorate faster without them. You'll probably find that they will begin to rattle when you play songs through them at first.

If i were you, i'd leave them on, or if you'd rather have comfort over last-ability then go ahead :)

6. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

yeah but if you read this thread.. some people don't have the common sense to realize that point :rolleyes: