New Apple iTouch Promotion (Proposed)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kresh, Feb 8, 2008.

1. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

If the US government somehow does do this tax rebate check deal, then Apple should take advantage of it.

The Government is worrying that people will save the rebate, or pay down debt, instead of making new purchases to spur the economy.

If it passes Apple should have a promotion where all you have to do is bring in your $500 check, endorse it to Apple and leave with a 32 GB iPod Touch.

Apple discounts the iPod to cover the taxes; the Government is happy because the money went into circulation and Apple is happy to get a sale they would not normally have gotten.

What do you think? :eek:

2. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

wont work, not everyone wants ipods. its 600$ that theyre giving out. And a lot of people will be saving it.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I'm using the money for new tires for my car - something I would've have gotten anyways (now, I don't have to "borrow" the money with my credit cards).

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Maybe Americans should stop buying Chinese built junk and start saving their money.

The government has already sold the economy down the river, no amount of iPod spending is going to fix that.

5. AlphaBob macrumors regular

AlphaBob

Even if the iPods are quality Chinese built non-junk? :D

6. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Ya, I know that the iPods are built in China. I have no problem with the Chinese, other than that they are soon going to control the U.S. economy and that fat Wall Street cats think that's a great idea.

7. kresh thread starter macrumors 6502a

kresh

It started off $600 Individual and $1200 Family, but Congress is supposedly compromising on $500 for individuals.

Link to article, see paragraph 5.
    Another link to a different article about $500 checks.

True. If the Government's going to do it, and it looks like maybe they are not, then Apple should get a piece of it!

The whole point is to put money into circulation, it will not provide any stimulus if it's saved or used to pay down debt.

Basically the Government wants to refund your own money, that they confiscated from you, in the form of a government check and hope you go spend it on goods and services.

That's why Apple should make it painless. Apple provides a financial incentive by discounting $35 or so, to make it work out. I'm betting that there are quite a few people who would not normally want an iPod Touch because they can't afford one. This puts one in easy reach. How simple. Walk into an Apple store, swap a piece of paper that the Government sent you, and walk out with an iPod Touch.

A lot of people who were not planning on getting an iPod may be tempted to swap their check for the latest and greatest new gadget from Apple.