Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cp1160

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
I just updated to Big Sur and got the latest versions of the Apple-provided productivity Apps. I don't use them a lot admittedly, but my eyes and brain just don't get the new icon for Pages. I've gone to delete it twice now. Quotation mark, pen and lines. Anyone else find the App icon odd? I type, not write...and sure don't type on lined pages. Not sure, but this fails my design eye.

Pages Icon.jpg

Reactions: 0128672

cp1160

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
I think this was the old one. At least 1 version ago.

Old Pages.jpg

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It's skeuomorphism with a touch of digital (the resize/rotate box around the quotation mark).

Could have to do with TextEdit already having something that worked well and them needing to differentiate the two...

Reactions: cp1160

cp1160

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Hmm....better not use it...not sure anything I would type in it would meet that criteria.....lol

cp1160

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
I don't mind the icon. To me, the quotation mark signifies that what you do in Pages is worthy of being quoted and remembered.

Visually my eyes and brain sure don't like it. Not the worst icon ever or anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.