New Apple mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Icaras, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Hey I was just wondering if anyone here thinks the mighty mouse might see an upgrade anytime this year, or if its probably going to stick around for quite a while?

Because I am considering ordering the wireless Apple mighty mouse and keyboard right now, but just wanted to hear people's opinions first on it before i make the plunge.

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Nothing to worry about. I don't think we will be seeing any updates anytime soon.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

4. Icaras thread starter macrumors 603

Icaras

Yes, maybe I was actually just dreaming about something like that. That would be slick...

Nice icon by the way. That wouldn't be HK-47, would it? :)

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

not unless they drastically improved the functioning of the mouse. Bottom line is that the scroll ball gets gummed up, the right click works poorly, and the mouse is basically unusable for games. Those functional problems need to be addressed, or the composition of the outer shell of the mouse really doesn't matter a bit.

6. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

hmmm...an all aluminum MM would be very cool!! :rolleyes:

7. kingpikey macrumors member

8. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

A little off topic, but I really recommend getting an MX Revolution over the Mighty Mouse.

9. Icaras thread starter macrumors 603

Icaras

I remember at one point wanting to get the Revolution as well, but I remembered...it isn't blue tooth. I love a peripheral that doesn't have to use up a USB port. :D

10. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Here is a prediction that I just pulled out of the Air.

Late 2009 OS X 10.6 will be released, and one of the new features will be integration with a new Multi-Touch mouse. however, until then I think we will bumbling along with the current mouse. Personally I'd be happy if they combined the mighty moue with the old studio mouse.

11. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

i have the vx revolution
    1. i do not recomend buying any logitech device as the software is unimaginably horrible, and you cannot use the extra buttons without it, my software plain doesn't work , long story

2. the vx has this amazing thing, its a scroll wheel without the clicks, it will just keep rolling, its amazing

that being said, i cannot use my extra 2 buttons and the zoom buttons because the software has it out for my computer (it does work on a mac, its prob just my comp) and i still use the mouse,

even after them sending me a replacement i returned it and got a diffrent one but returned that for the vx again.

the scroll wheel is just amazing. it does have a slider switch to where you can make it click
    big pages are nothing. its amazing

12. pinktank macrumors 6502

Isn't the mighty mouse a little weak in life and ergonomics next to things on the market?

13. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

from what i have heard online and talking to people (apple users and employes) there may be a "Multi touch" Mighty Mouse in a year or so but the technology is not Quite there.

Oh yeah I dont think you could have the current 5 Button Mighty mouse with an Aluminum exterior because it would not be able to tell where you are clicking. it would be cool thow.

The best thing i could see in the next year would be a permanent Li ion battery with a more apple like charger for the wireless version.

And I would love to see a longer cord on the wired version. Mine wont reach from the back of my iMac to the comfortable position on my desk. (its plugged into the keyboard now.

14. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Apple designed their keyboard and mouse so that the mouse plugs into the keyboard. It has been that way for the longest time.

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

actually, you can get a bluetooth MX Revolution

(as long as you buy the set, total cost $169 :eek:)

Do yourself a favor and spend $20 on steermouse. Yes, it's annoying to have to pay $20 more for your mouse to work correctly, but you'll be so happy you did it, and every mouse you ever use with your mac will work exactly as you want it to. I use steermouse with a logitech MX 518 and my gf uses it with a VX Revolution, and it's just wonderfully simple and powerful software for turning your mouse in to exactly what you want.

16. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes, in fact. KOTOR 3 needs to come out quickly. Heck, he needs to have his own game.

Star Wars: HK-47 Unleashed You play through the various assassination missions detailed in KOTOR (2) on which Revan sent you.

17. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I don't know from you particular experience, but the newest versions of LCC have worked wonderfully for me.

18. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

i have used the newest one.
    i dunno it just will not work on my computer
    it keeps saying no device
    uninstalled and reinstalled
    and logictech sent me a new mouse which i already said and i think there sending me another one

19. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Oh, that really sucks. Thankfully mine worked and I can use every button. How frustrating it must be for it not to work...

20. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

you have no idea
    i still am frustrated
    i got banned for 239040239594 days because i was ya...

the ban really said for 23402394584 days i was like wtf it was like 14 years

21. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Damn...

Did you ever give the other mentioned software (somewhere on this thread) a try to se if they miraculously fix the problem?:eek:

22. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

what software?
    i will try anything to get my forward and back buttons going again

23. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Steermouse
    USB Overdrive

I have never used these, but some forum members have reported success. I hope it works!

24. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

iMouse touch ~ like an iphone two on screen right & left click buttons and a one/two finger scrolling touch screen with 360 degrees and acceleration. lulz :p