New Apple Notebook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sibaris, Sep 27, 2007.

  1. sibaris macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2007
    #1
    I have a G4 17 inch screen.

    I am thinking to changed it for a new model.

    Somebody can advice me which is the best option.


    I heard that Apple Pro is not a good idea since it has "heaten" problems. Is that true?

    Should be wait for something else. (is apple thinking to release a new (improved) model soon)

    Thanks in advance
     
  2. jonnylink macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2007
    #2
    If you want Leopard and can wait a month or so then I'd wait. If you can wait until January you *might* find a new model to buy, but unless you absolutely need to have the next newest thing that might be silly wait. If none of the above are true for you go and get one now. MacBook Pro's don't have heat issues in any meaningful way. I say that as a MacBook Pro owner who had a PowerBook which did have heat issues. But if you don't need the performance a MacBook might be a better choice. If you like games or do a lot of video editing etc a MacBook Pro is a must, but if you aren't a gamer and only do at most occasional video editing and graphic design then a MacBook will suit you and your bank account nicely.
     

Share This Page