New Apple nylon band doesn't attach without a push

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by noobinator, Oct 4, 2016.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I just picked up a new official Apple nylon band. The top half attaches just fine. But when I try to put in the bottom half it just glides right through the connector without catching. After messing with it for awhile I found out if I push on it a little towards the watch it will snap after a few tries.

Is this normal for some watch bands or is it defective?

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Not sure it's "normal", but it seems to be the case for some of the bands. I have 5 of the nylon bands and all of then connect properly and without incident except the scuba blue band. I have exchanged it twice because of connection issues, and the one I now have is better, but still have to tweak it when I use it.

I've tried comparing the connectors on the bands and don't see any obvious differences... and for grins, I tried it on my son's Watch and get the same results.

Very strange.

3. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I had to do this on my original AW SS. I posted about it somewhere where the only way I could get it to click in place reliably was to push it towards the watch body when sliding it in. My Series 2 doesn't have the same problem which leads me to believe the fault is with the watch module somehow.

5. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

I brought it back to the Apple Store and was told nylon bands often had this problem so exchanging it would do no good. So I'm just pushing it in to secure it into place.