Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I think this phone has been available in the UK for a while now. I remember someone selling it on the marketplace - from what I gathered, it was/is pretty popular over there, which I guess is why it made it's way to the US!

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
That could be it. What really caught my eye was a commercial saying they are available on the 7th. <--WWDC

helmsc

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Newport, TN
The LG Chocolate does not appear to have any connection with Apple. It uses the Verizon V Cast services. Those music downloads are WMA format.....unless they have changed it for the US version.

Here are the specs for the US version from LG's own site ... US Chocolate

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Cool phone, but i doubt its the iphone. Here's another question related to the iphone- what carrier does everyone think it will it go with?

helmsc

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Newport, TN
steamboat26 said:
Cool phone, but i doubt its the iphone. Here's another question related to the iphone- what carrier does everyone think it will it go with?

Somehow I doubt it will be Verizon :mad:

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
helmsc said:
The LG Chocolate does not appear to have any connection with Apple. It uses the Verizon V Cast services. Those music downloads are WMA format.....unless they have changed it for the US version.

Here are the specs for the US version from LG's own site ... US Chocolate

Yeah, must just be coincidence then about the 7th. It happens.

Nothing to see here folks!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Have they used a different phone for the US?

The phone called the "chocolate" - actually, more commonly called the "KG800" is this phone in Australia, it's been out for a while now.

LG%20Chocolate.jpg

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The two chocolates seem too similar for it to be a coincidence, but it is weird...maybe the version shown here is a successor to the original chocolate? They're both pretty cute....

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
I personally think that the Belkin Wi-Fi phone looks more like an Apple product (i don't know why but it was drawn to me).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.