New Apple posters spotted with possible clue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cavtma, Jul 1, 2008.

1. cavtma macrumors newbie

I live in boston and they JUST put up new posters on our mass transit system featuring the usual blacked-out crazy dancing people afore crazy backgrounds with ONE DIFFERENCE. each one had the iphone/ ipod touch shape instead of the classic shape. The poster said nothing but "iPod" and the usual logo. A sign of something to come?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

No, it's just advertising for their current products.

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

4. cavtma thread starter macrumors newbie

But I think it represents a shift. They are now considering the ipod Touch as simply the "iPod".

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

It is an "iPod"... It's also their flagship iPod, so I really don't see what the big deal is with putting it in an ad. I see the same stuff on mass transit lines whenever I travel.

6. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

because it basically is ;)

7. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

basically I suppose, the same way an iMac is an ipod. The Touch and iPhone are mobile computing platforms. That's the only reason I have a Touch. There are better media players out there. I bought my wife a 16gb Touch for her upcoming birthday because of the apps that will be available for it a day later. She's got a nano and rarely bothers with it.

8. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

If Apple calls it an iPod, why do you think it should be called something else? It just is an iPod, that does other things besides playing music and videos.

Attached Files:

• pod.JPG
      pod.JPG
      File size:
      62.4 KB
      Views:
  9. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

The iPod shuffle, iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch are all considered iPods. Hence the "iPod" at the beginning of each title. This isn't rocket science here, all iPods have always been considered an iPod.

10. cavtma thread starter macrumors newbie

clearly this isn't a "marketing forum" I've stumbled upon. They would never do the same for the nano/shuffle and both are "ipods."

Let's just wait and see what the future holds.

11. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

They consider all their iPods the "iPod". That's what they're all referred to as. If it was that same poster, with the blacked out guy with an iPod nano in his hand, it would still say "iPod". Every iPod is an iPod. It's part of the iPod platform, and there's multiple iPods.

12. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Well said.