Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2007
MA/GA
hey, just got a beautiful new iPod touch today. Have been in the market for a high performence set of in ear headphones provided they are still reasonably affordable. I looked at bose earbuds and was less than impressed at that price point. I also took a look at apples last pitiful attempt at in ear headphones. Do you guys think apple will actually pull through with these? Or should I look at some other options in that price range ? Not exactly an expert in this department so any help is welcome thanks

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
hey, just got a beautiful new iPod touch today. Have been in the market for a high performence set of in ear headphones provided they are still reasonably affordable. I looked at bose earbuds and was less than impressed at that price point. I also took a look at apples last pitiful attempt at in ear headphones. Do you guys think apple will actually pull through with these? Or should I look at some other options in that price range ? Not exactly an expert in this department so any help is welcome thanks

whats wrong with the standard ear buds?? i tryed zune premuem head phones and they sucked...

what this hype about premium headohones?

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Apple's first gen "HD" headphones were actually decent. Comfortable, and had good range for the price.

The next gen ones for many people were not comfortable, so they didn't sit right, leading to bad sound quality.

These ones? I am super excited to see 2 woofers for such a cheap price. I wonder what the tactic is. More publicity with more white headphones?

I am most excited though about the built in track forward, backward, pause, record, and pause functions. Those will be so useful!

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I don't think that anybody can really help you here until they are released to the public and some reviews come out. You can probably expect there to be some well-written reviews over at MacWorld when they come out, or maybe even a little bit early. But I wouldn't expect too much from Apple on these.

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
whats wrong with the standard ear buds?? i tryed zune premuem head phones and they sucked...

The big selling point is that they should be comfortable, and they will seal off in your ears, meaning much MUCH better sound quality. Standard buds that come with the ipod don't do that, and sound worse.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...

They suck!

I use a pair of Shure se310's and like them a lot. All of Apple's attempts at headphones have been lacking and underwhelming. I hope that maybe they did a decent job here. My sister is in the market and i told her to hold off until these get some reviews

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.