new apple premium earbuds look promising?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by masse, Sep 15, 2008.

1. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

hey, just got a beautiful new iPod touch today. Have been in the market for a high performence set of in ear headphones provided they are still reasonably affordable. I looked at bose earbuds and was less than impressed at that price point. I also took a look at apples last pitiful attempt at in ear headphones. Do you guys think apple will actually pull through with these? Or should I look at some other options in that price range ? Not exactly an expert in this department so any help is welcome thanks

2. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

whats wrong with the standard ear buds?? i tryed zune premuem head phones and they sucked...

what this hype about premium headohones?

3. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

Apple's first gen "HD" headphones were actually decent. Comfortable, and had good range for the price.

The next gen ones for many people were not comfortable, so they didn't sit right, leading to bad sound quality.

These ones? I am super excited to see 2 woofers for such a cheap price. I wonder what the tactic is. More publicity with more white headphones?

I am most excited though about the built in track forward, backward, pause, record, and pause functions. Those will be so useful!

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I don't think that anybody can really help you here until they are released to the public and some reviews come out. You can probably expect there to be some well-written reviews over at MacWorld when they come out, or maybe even a little bit early. But I wouldn't expect too much from Apple on these.

5. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

The big selling point is that they should be comfortable, and they will seal off in your ears, meaning much MUCH better sound quality. Standard buds that come with the ipod don't do that, and sound worse.

6. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

They suck!

I use a pair of Shure se310's and like them a lot. All of Apple's attempts at headphones have been lacking and underwhelming. I hope that maybe they did a decent job here. My sister is in the market and i told her to hold off until these get some reviews