New Apple Retail Stores (2008)

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Sayhey, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Moderator note: This thread has been split from a front page news thread that is now several years old and whose title has become rather out-of-date. Please continue the discussion in this thread...thanks! :)

Apple is now recruiting staff on its "job opportunities" web page for a new store in the Promenade mall in Little Rock, Arkansas. It will be the first store in the state.

2. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Edmonton and 6 new US stores

Sorry, folks, I haven't been able to monitor the retail store front for a while, but there is lots of news. Starting with confirmation from Apple's job opportunities website of staff recruitment for a new stores in Edmonton, Canada and six new US locations. The US locations include a Carlsbad, California store (near San Diego); new stores in Orlando, Florida and the Tampa suburb of Brandon; two Texas stores in San Antonio and Houston; and a fourth store in Las Vegas. Can't post more info on these right now, but will later.

In addition, ifoAppleStore is reporting rumors of movement on the much delayed Zurich, Switzerland location, and new rumors of stores in Dallas, Texas and Santa Barbara, California.

Last but not least, there is a report of Apple's plans to open its first store in Paris, France in the Carrousel du Louvre.

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, Sayhey. I haven't been following this thread or Apple stores for a while, but it seems like Apple has almost got the whole US covered. A few year ago that would have been hard to believe! Anyways, I hear the store in downtown Boston is coming along; hopefully Apple does something unique with the design.

4. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I found 2 {possible} locations of the Carlsbad Store..

• 1 is roughly 3K sqft unit
    • 2 is 5200 sqft unit

The #2 unit seems the best option but you never know 'bout apple.. Each unit are almost back to back units on the same level..

Linky :eek:

5. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Just a note that the previously rumored second store in Montreal, on Ste. Catherine, is now recruiting staff on Apple's website.

6. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

No. No, the entire US is not covered. There are still those of us who live in certain states where the nearest Apple Store is 5 hours away.

And no, we're not bitter about it either.

And as much as we want to ask SayHey if he's heard any news about a Charleston, SC store, we know deep down inside that he hasn't.

sigh.

7. lilj4425 macrumors 6502

8. lilj4425 macrumors 6502

You want a store in Charleston on King Street, you got it: http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/feb/07/apple29872/ :apple: :cool:

9. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Lil you beat me to it. My husband just showed me the article this morning. I have yet to read it and can't wait to read it. I only work 3 blocks from King St. Yahoo!! The actual newspaper article has more information contained in it. Can't wait.

10. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

11. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

One more thing.

It's on, Greenville.

We need to wager something about which store is going to open first, lilj4425. :)

12. Lara F macrumors 6502a

I interviewed in Charleston last December and walked down King Street - definitely a no brainer location for Apple. :) Good news!

Next stop - Walnut Street in Center City Philly. Please. btw, anyone know what's up with Cherry Hill? Something must have delayed the opening...

13. lilj4425 macrumors 6502

I think the one in Charleston will open first. Ours won't open until fall 2009.

14. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Belfast, Geneva, Zurich, and Munich

Apple has now started recruiting staff for the Victoria Square store in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Apple's "Europe Job Opportunities" web page is also taking applications for stores - no specific locations - in Geneva, Zurich, and Munich. All are sites previously rumored for new stores.

15. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

16. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

17. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I hope your right lilj. I can't wait. King St. here I come. ;)
    I can see my husband now shaking his and and saying nooooooo.......lol

18. sonpolker macrumors newbie

19. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Judging by the black plywood barricade covering the street-level facade that went up earlier this week at 301 King St. in Charleston, I'd say that an Apple Store is pretty much confirmed.

20. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

21. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

22. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

King Street

I see Apple has made it official that they will open a store in Charleston, South Carolina on King Street, as they have begun recruiting staff for the location on their website. Congrats, to all the mac fans in the state who have been waiting for such a long time for the first store to open there.

23. lilj4425 macrumors 6502

Charleston Apple Store: http://www.ifoapplestore.com/photos/charleston_0226.jpg

24. Poopface Morty macrumors regular

Poopface Morty

Tell me about it. It'd be nice if Iowa had more than the one store in Des Moines...there are quite a few cities (w/ quite a few colleges) around the Eastern part of the state that would warrant at least one other one. The closest I have is Madison Wisconsin's, which is about 2 hours plus away.

25. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Tee hee. I kinda was the one who took that picture.

(Or at least I was with the guy who did. Technically, my cousin took that shot.)

I'm guessing it'll be open before the Christmas holidays. It depends on how much remodeling they have to do.