Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple recently announced that it will soon be opening a second retail store in the heart of Berlin. The store will be located on the popular Rosenthaler Strasse shopping street in Mitte, the historic center of Germany's capital city.

apple-rosenthaler-strasse.jpg

Apple has yet to share a specific opening date for the Rosenthaler Strasse store, which will accompany Apple's existing Kurfürstendamm store in Berlin.

Twitter account Storeteller has shared some photos of the Rosenthaler Strasse store, which is covered in a colorful facade ahead of its grand opening. Apple is also offering matching wallpapers for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac on its website.

apple-rosenthaler-strasse.jpeg
Image Credit: Storeteller

Apple operates over 500 retail stores worldwide, including a newly relocated store at The Grove in Los Angeles and a new store in Istanbul, Turkey.

Article Link: New Apple Store Opening Soon in Berlin With Special Wallpaper Available for iPhone, iPad, and Mac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
That's great - I can walk there within just 10 mins! Finally will be able to hang out in Apple Land whenever I feel like it ?

Please keep all your Apple stuff at home when you go. Anything with Apple Pay could be used as well, so make sure that you visit financially disabled if you intend to hang out often.

I speak from some experience, I tell you.

- This October, I have bought 2 iPhone 12 minis, then a 13 mini.
- Then in November I have bought the top stock config 2021 MacBook Pro 16 inch and a 45mm Apple Watch series 7.
- I will buy a Graphite Milanese loop and an Olive Grey/ Cargo Khaki sport band as well.
- Meanwhile, I am reading about AirPods.

You get the drift.

Keep your finances locked if you want to visit Apple Land. I did not intend to buy a single one of these. The phones and the computer were being contemplated for purchase next year, not this. Some discounts from online retailers made me go ahead with the iPhone 12 minis. Great trade-in value for my 8 made me go for the 13 mini.

Then, the beautiful 16" MacBook Pro powerhouse kept nagging me. Suddenly I also decided to plunge in and get the Watch as well. And now I am looking at AirPods, like I said. This is a rabbit hole.

CalfCanuck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
I believe the pipes are a remnant from the DDR (East Germany), when hot water (especially for heating during the winter) was centrally heated in massive industrial complexes then distributed through these pipes to all buildings (commercial, government, residential) throughout the city.

After reunification, individual boilers were introduced into each building as needed, rendering these hot water distribution systems obsolete.

Reactions: macintoshmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.