new apple tv and ipad remote

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by frunkis54, Oct 25, 2010.

1. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

does the ipad remote app work fine with the new appletv? currently the remote app only works for me if i sync and not stream. i was thinking of getting the new apple tv and it only streams.

2. omro macrumors regular

I use my ipad remote to control my appletv, it works fine with netflix and other content.

3. mstrze macrumors 68000

I think you meant "it only streams" in your last sentence?

Remote App worked for me on my iPhone and I never synced, I have always streamed on the original Apple TV. Don't know why it wouldn't work for you with streaming.

4. miklovo macrumors member

I only stream with the new appleTV and the remote app works great. I only wish I could use my iPad as a universal remote all of the time but the universal remote apps aren't so great plus if I just left it sitting on the couch all the time my kids would break it within a week

5. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

fixed thanks

hmm i don't know what i could be doing wrong if i stream it says nothing to view. if i sync everything is there:confused:

6. snapper07 macrumors 6502

I'm loving the new apple tv and the iPad app but I have been having a problem when listening to music from my laptop through the apple tv. When I have a song playing and I press the "now playing" button then flip the album art over to see the rest of the album when i select another track from that album, instead of it playing that song it takes me to the first song of my library.
    It's very frustrating and I can't work out if it's an app problem or the apple tv?
    Has anyone else had this problem and if so managed to fix it?

Thanks