Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
My new Apple TV remote worked great since I got it. Had to do a reboot on my Apple TV this afternoon. Since then I had to repair my remote, no biggie, BUT I keeps displaying “bring your remote closer to finish pairing” and then the remote stops controlling the sound on the tv. No new updates or anything for me, just a normal reboot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Had this issue when turning it off as well. I paired it again by holding back and volume up on the remote close to the ATV. I started to put to sleep instead.

Later I found out that it was because the remote battery was low so you should try charging it.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Had this issue when turning it off as well. I paired it again by holding back and volume up on the remote close to the ATV. I started to put to sleep instead.

Later I found out that it was because the remote battery was low so you should try charging it.
Thanks for the suggestion. Gave it a try and still no joy.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
For anyone who finds this thread…..my situation just fixed itself for some reason. Didn’t do anything. Sorry for not being able to help you out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.