New Apple TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by VaatiKaiba, Jan 18, 2009.

1. VaatiKaiba macrumors 6502

I've just been on Apple's (Irish) site, and noticed there was something about a new :apple:tv in the news section. It linked back to this review, which is dated 16 January. However, I hadn't read anything anywhere about an update! Was there an update? And if so, what's new?

Thanks!

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

nope

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

4. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I think there was a price drop and Take 2 software in 2008, and HD rentals

5. AeroStud1026 macrumors member

AeroStud1026

I can't see them doing anything to ATV other than software updates. It's good as is IMO....if you want anything more....get a Mac Mini

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Maybe I want 1080p video content support. Maybe I want DVR functionality. Maybe I want a hard drive worthy of a set-top-box.

Maybe I want Apple to actually use the patents they've made and the technology they have to make the Apple TV more than a hobby.

7. AeroStud1026 macrumors member

AeroStud1026

All of which would drive up the price, you basically want apple to make it into something its not...

I can agree with 1080p support however a massive HD would def drive up the price......not to mention DVR functionality is a whole different playing field. I don't see how adding a DVR would make it more appealing, considering you already need a HDTV to use the ATV, which if you have that then you most likely have an HD cable/sat box which most today come with a DVR built in. So I just don't see the reasoning...