New Apple User need help....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by castcore, Sep 18, 2014.

1. castcore macrumors newbie

Hi, I am a new Apple user, I am fairly tech savvy and I like what I see from my Iphone and Ipad after few weeks using it. But I have a huge issue that I have not been able to figure out. It has to do with Icloud.

Question:

Is it possible to "move" my photos to Icloud , delete them from my phone but still access them from my phone. What I want is ibuy more Icloud storage , send photos to Icloud,delete photos from my phone to save space but continue to be able to access them

Is this possible?

2. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

3. castcore thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you be specific? I was under impression that things in Icloud get deleted after 30 days

4. davefromca macrumors 6502

Why were you under that impression? The Icloud is your personal storage, just like if you have an external hard drive.

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

https://www.apple.com/icloud/

"Now you have the freedom to work with the document of your choice on the device of your choice. Because with iCloud Drive, you can safely store all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and other kinds of documents in iCloud. So they’re always accessible from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or even PC."

6. castcore thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I do it? I don't want it to be exactly same as my phone. I want to delete all photos on my phone and just have everything stored in the cloud.

Will I run into situation that Icloud senses there are no photos on my phone so it deletes everything from Cloud as well?

7. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Cast you're correct to a degree. In the past they only lasted 30 days and would drop off after hitting 1000 photos. Now that there is iCloud Drive this is no longer the case thanks to iOS 8.

It's setup automatically, just enable it under the Setup - iCloud settings.