New Apple Watch 4-Charging issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gp56, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Gp56, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018

Gp56 macrumors newbie

Just got a black stainless model, love it so far. Noticed when I put in my charging dock the the green symbol comes on but the battery % does not go up. I see some other users have this issue and they either rebooted watch or turned it off and then put on charger and the watch charges. I did the same and the % went up. Is there an actual fix for this?

2. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

If you have updated to 5.0.1, you should be fine. Some users have reported anomalies charging the watch for the first time after updating, but I think they went away after the first time.

3. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

Are you using the apple dock charger or just the puck?

4. Gp56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Came with 5.01. I have an aftermarket dual watch stand that the puck goes into. I keep my old Apple Watch on the other side.

5. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

I’d definitely try the force restart solution posted above!

6. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I had an issue where my puck had slid back into my Spigen stand. After pushing it forward to make sure it's in direct contact with the watch, I haven't personally has any issues.

7. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Are you using the charger that came with the series 4 or an older charging puck

8. Gp56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried the forced start last night and that worked. Today, after wearing the watch for an hour, figured I would see what would happen, put it in charger, got charging icon, but battery % would not increase.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 21, 2018 ---
    Using the new charger that came with new watch.

9. automan98 macrumors regular

Charging is EXTREMELY slow for me on the Series 4. My Series 0 would charge in a fraction of the time. I need to call AppleCare about it.

10. tl01 macrumors 68020

I had the same issue with my Apple Watch 4. It still had the issue after I updated it. I returned it. Apple called to follow up with me to understand better what was happening.