Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Nothing with Apple is accidental. They control every aspect of the experience. So I just setup my new SBTi Series 6 with Braided Loop. I noticed - it has zero scent. Nothing. Nada.

Everything has a smell when new - right? Sunglasses, tee shirts, a new pen, new car... etc. Off-gassing. New stuff smells - new... Maybe a few things don't, like - a pane of glass... But an Apple Watch with elastic band should have a smell. It doesn't.

My new Apple Watch and elastic braided loop - no smell at all. Nothing. The latter being pretty hard to achieve with elastic materials. I've smelled some really skunky elastics across a lot of different applications. Not so much here.

Anyway - just an observation - it's not accidental on Apple's part.

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
You know what you could do next time is make sure you are in a close room and then open the watch without any interference haha

My watch actually came with a smell, noticed it right when I was opening the band casing

Deep Navy Sports Loop- of course SE 44MM

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Not even kidding, but one of the symptoms of COVID is a loss of smell. Is it just the watch or other stuff, too?

Hilarious. Had COVID. Didn't lose sense of smell. Lucky.

The non-braided loops (silicone) ones HAVE to smell. Who's got one? Smelly?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.