New AppleCare plans can cover uninsured iPhones?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dontwalkhand, Apr 11, 2015.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

So I'm reading into this, but when I add the combo AppleCare plan, I'm now given pretty much a second chance to get my iPhone AC+?

If so, I'm jumping on this once my watch arrives. The iPhone right now is insured through SquareTrade, but I much rather have the convenience of going to an Apple Store should anything happen to my iPhone too.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is what it sounds like. Although it could still only work for people within 60 days of their iPhone purchase. Also, I am 99% sure they will make you go in store.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

The report on the front page of this site said you can get the :apple:Watch/iPhone AppleCare Plus combo with any phones bought up to six months ago so it looks like they are making an exception to the normal policy.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That really is awesome for people who forgot then.

5. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I can't find this option on the UK Apple Store.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

Here are further details from this site.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/10/applecare-plus-apple-watch-pricing/

That only refers to the U.S. though. I don't know if they're going to offer it here in the UK. You would have to have bought it with the watch anyway. You can't buy it separately online. Your best bet is to check with Apple customer service or ask in an Apple Store to see if it is available and if it can be added. I already have AppleCare Plus on my phone and I preordered the watch with it so it's not something I can take advantage of.