New apps downloading onto watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aniseedvan, May 28, 2015.

1. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Just gone into my apps on the watch and have noticed two new ones have appeared.
    I've got the setting turned off to automatically download apps to the watch so I'm puzzled as to why this is happening.
    My iPhone is set to auto update in the App Store.

Anyone else having this problem? My watch suffered from not lasting the day yesterday and this may not have helped...

2. InAustralia macrumors 6502

InAustralia

I am experiencing the same thing.

Whilst I have the setting to auto download apps to my watch set to off, I find that any new Watch Apps automatically appear on my watch.

Not a big deal really as it's easy to delete them again.

3. Aniseedvan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've sent apple "feedback" given I have 167 apps on my phone, if even 50% have watch apps it'll be irritating to keep deleting them plus the additional battery life they consume. If the watch app listed installed apps above not installed ones it would make it slightly easier.
    Glad I'm not the only one with the issue though - I'm just not sure when it started given I got my watch Thursday and have been on 1.01 since getting it.

4. ImDoubleD macrumors member

I've noticed that when you have an app on your phone and it gets updated, and has Watch support, it drops it on there. Good and bad. Good because you dont have to go search to see if one of your existing apps finally has Watch support. bad, because you have to delete it off if you dont want it on there.

I'm willing to keep it the way it is...

5. Aniseedvan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought that but one of the apps that re-appeared on the watch was Evernote, which has had a watch app for a while. I'd deleted that as trying to view scanned images was pointless on a tiny watch!