New Apps problems!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shoney, Jul 19, 2008.

1. shoney macrumors newbie

shoney

I have purchased some new apps and they all don't work as they should, they intermittantly just exit and I have to restart the app, worst case I have to restart the touch (switch off and on again).

Anyone else had problems?

List of apps I have

Attached Files:

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

it's just firmware issues, this will hopefully be fixed with the next update.

3. shoney thread starter macrumors newbie

shoney

Just had it docked into Logitech speakers and the screen went haywire! white with black lines down it, had to totally shut it down and power up to get it back to normal, strange... beginning to think my ipod is broke!

Dont think its just the firmware upgrade now....any ideas...should I take it back?

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Don't take it back--especially now while the iPhone is still big. I went in to the Apple store for an issue with 1.1.4 and they just said they logged the issue, and I could have my iPod replaced if the issues return.
    That being said, my iPod is doing all those things as well as more. Thats just the risk you take when you get .0 software. That is also why I waited for 10.5.2 to be released before getting Leopard. By then they had worked out a few of the major bugs.

5. SuperMacMan macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Yes, it's just firmware 2.0 problems, not your apps, don't worry.
    This will all be fixed with 2.1 or 2.0.1 update...

Don't return it. And using .0 labeled software... you gotta expect it. Eg Leopard was buggy in 10.5, but with 10.5.4 it's now MUCH better, so these issues WILL BE FIXED!

@shoney Yes, that has happened many a time when I had 1.1.4 Jailbroken, a reboot solved it, but again, that will be a bug with 2.0, 2.1 will address this hopefully. Don't fret!

We all have these problems by the way. Just give Apple time to test 2.1 (or 2.0.1 however Apple labels it)

SuperMacMan

6. muldul macrumors 6502

Yes i have, i restored my touch and all was fine

7. shoney thread starter macrumors newbie

shoney

Tried full wipe (took about 2hrs) then restored iPod, I would put aside a few hours if anybody is thinking of doing this.

Still having problems with apps crashing, used to have no problems with streaming video from cnet.tv now it loses sound and cant fast forward or rewind without crashing or sound is out of sync!!!

What to do now???? I am so frustrated with this iPod it was the dogz doodahs now its becoming a pile of dog sh"!e.... can u tell I'm not happy...

8. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Thats exactly how i feel. I would definitely not go take it in though. If you present a ligitimate problem, and the geniuses find it to be remotely software related, they will most likely send you home and tell you to restore. It shouldn't be long for an update to come...maybe a week or 2 more.

Here is another bug for you to look at (found by someone in the iPhone threads): Open mail or notes, and type a sentence without using autocorrect, and then add a period after it (not double space period). After that period, without a space, add any capital letter. Then press backspace.

It usually deletes everything unless you press shift to stop it.

So an example would be (without quotes) "This is a bug.A"

9. shoney thread starter macrumors newbie

shoney

Ha ha ha I just got round to doing this in Notes.... theres a poltergeist in da house...... it just deleted evrything....:eek: