New Armband Suggestion

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by StophMac24, Oct 3, 2013.

1. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Good afternoon all.

Just got myself an iPhone 5S in Gold.

I enjoy running early in the morning, however, the armband I have was for my old 4S.

I have been looking online at ones from Belkin, Amphibx, and Armpocket with mixed reviews across the board.

On the one hand, the Amphibx is nice because whenever I end up at the beach, I can take it and my phone is guaranteed safe (so they say).

I use a bluetooth headphone set to run so I could care less how the armband handles the headphone jack.

Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

2. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

3. wombat94 macrumors member

4. TBONE72 macrumors regular

Armpocket....ALL THE WAY. It's been through training for 4 marathons with me. Simply the best hands down after trying other brands.

5. chachat macrumors newbie

I second the arm pocket, I do wish the plastic screen covering the pocket allowed for better transmission of touch and gestures to the phone and at times it can be difficult to see the screen. Overall quite nice.

Question do you have a bluetooth headset that you would recommend?

6. StophMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

StophMac24

The Motorola S-10 HD is amazing.

I think they have a newer model so you may be able to find it cheap online.

I usually make sure to dry the ear inserts just to be safe. Other than that, I can change music, activate siri, up and down volume and answer calls from the headset.

----------

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

Those pouches are something I didn't think about. Definitely something to consider.

The armpocket was what had me so far. Decisions decisions....

7. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

I would not recommend the Motorola S-10. If you sweat a lot these headphones will break, guarantee it. Mine acts all weird now after a few intense workouts.

8. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

If you don't use a case day-to-day, I love the Tuneband (it does keep your screen exposed, which I like so I can start and stop running apps, etc.)