New article: MMS Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Nov 18, 2008.

1. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Don't Tease me!!!!! hahah I want MMS badly! I got use to emailing people's phones, but i want it native!

2. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

To be honest, I still think that not adding mms support was a good idea. Why bother with low resolution images when you can sent them by email!

3. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Most people don't have/don't use email on their phones. Even a few of my friends have iPhones and don't have their email set up.

4. darkflounder macrumors regular

That article sounded more like the provider was releasing an app to do MMS.

C'mon, Apple. This is one of the very few deficiencies I've seen on the iPhone, but it's a HUGE one. I really don't care if e-mailing pics seems more intuitive. If my girlfriend wants to text me pictures of herself, dammit, I want to be able to see them without having to jump through obscene hoops of using that frigging AT&T site.

5. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Best argument I have ever read in favor of MMS so far :D

6. efice32 macrumors 6502

I hate to be the guy who says this, but it seems inevitable in this type of thread.....if you want MMS that badly, just jailbreak your phone.

7. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

What app would you recommend for MMS on a JB phone?

8. markgamber macrumors 6502

Last time I checked that helped as far as sending but receiving a picture was still half-assed at best. I simply told my friends to not bother sending me pix anymore since they all have lesser phones that either don't do email or they don't want to be bothered with an expensive data plan just for that. Considering there have been mms clients around forever and it's not that difficult a protocol, it seems to me that Apple's defense is the same as that of a 3 year old. What's next, they hold their breath until they turn blue?

9. darkflounder macrumors regular

Yeah, you have no idea how heartbreaking it is to get a text that says "I'd send you this sexy naked pic I just took of myself, but I know you can't see it."

10. Ademius macrumors regular

This is great news. I'm using my phone with Telia, so if Apple are too anal to do it themselves at least the exclusive carrier here will do it for them. The question is if Apple will allow the app? :rolleyes:

11. efice32 macrumors 6502

swirlyMMS works if you get it set up right...I really don't sent MMS message that much though, so really it's just easier to have people send them to my email address. Now that you can enter email addresses in contact listings on most current cell phones, it doesn't seem like that big of a hassle.

Plus, you can send pictures to people's phones by emailing their phones MMS address.... 10digitphonenumber@mms.att. net (without the space) is the one for AT&T...I'm sure a google search will find the address for international carriers

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Seriously, what is the need to get pictures sent straight to your phone as opposed to waiting until you get near a computer? I NEVER used MMS with my pre-iPhone phones because of the cost jacking associated with it ($5 for one picture that someone sent me).

I figure people who want to get pictures sent to them in an instant will move to the smartphone level. People who don't will use stupidphones. I know that a lot of you use MMS, so maybe you can just tell me what the greatness is.

13. daisuke07 macrumors regular

dont u need internet go send it to email? not every phone has interneg

14. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

A similar thing has happened to me. =(

15. efice32 macrumors 6502

I don't think so. Most phones can send text messages or picture messages to email addresses. A data plan isn't required for this, as far as I know.

16. efice32 macrumors 6502

hahah that sucks man....she could send it to your email and you could see it on your phone ;)

17. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

The carriers in my country don't allow that.

Having said that, MMS isn't really that important to me. Still, I wish apple would allow mms just because it's a nice option to have if I want to.

18. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

And if the next iphone will support video conferencing then all of darkflounders problems will be solved :rolleyes:

19. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

I don't think the iPhone sends full resolution images even by email. It scales them down to save bandwidth.

20. efice32 macrumors 6502

It actually does...I've emailed pictures to myself to get them on my computer without plugging in my phone and they're full size/quality

21. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

I have just checked a picture that I have sent earlier today via email and it has been resized to 800 x 600. :confused:

22. efice32 macrumors 6502

it could be your email service resizing it to decrease file size...what email service do you use?

23. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

I have the iPhone set up with my gmail account.

24. efice32 macrumors 6502

interesting...I have mine set up with gmail too and it doesn't resize them....who knows