New Article Noticed at boygenius - some good info.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mogrefy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. mogrefy macrumors member

2. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

I *MIGHT* do this.

3. mogrefy thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I'm considering it myself as well. Ditching my bb curve which is only using t-mo OWA integration via BIS (so not push/instant) and jumping over to the iPhone 3G (even if t-mo can't fully utilize the 3G speeds yet). Maybe it will get faster later as t-mo roles out their 3G, or at the very least I'll have the snazy GPS and no longer have to carry the iPod Touch.

Still have to think about it though... especially if there is no copy/paste, that would be a deal breaker in and of itself.

Also, I'm wondering if there will be problems with "hacked iPhones" and the Apple "cloud" providing the 3rd party apps with the ability to ping updates etc. If that didn't work after jailbreaking, ouch.

4. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Thanks for the link! The article was helpful in answering a lot of my questions. As usual, AT&T has screwed up and made the whole process confusing for everyone. There are no details on family plans, what is a 'qualified' upgrade, etc. I was either going to upgrade my Tilt line, which seems like it wont work because of "qualified upgrade" BS, so I may just upgrade my old abandoned iPhone line activated launch day last year, and not really in use today.

How exactly they are going to do these activations with a large line outside? They can't seriously expect to do 12 minute activations with 100 people in line and only 3 registers can they?

Would like for AT&T to put up some sort of iPhone 3G upgrade information page, to let us know what to expect when we get there July 11.

Steve