New AT&T Account During Preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allmanbrother, Oct 6, 2011.

1. allmanbrother macrumors member

I have a few questions about preorders tomorrow. I'll be getting up bright and early to pre-order four iPhone 4S's :)D), and I'm going to be doing it under a brand new AT&T account. Is it possible to set up a new account during pre-order on Apple's website, or is it possible to make a new account with no phones or plan on it in preparation for tomorrow morning. Thank you.

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

The highest and best use of your time, to achieve a quick, pain free, successful order is to go online with AT&T, and it will be self explanatory, very fast and very easy.

When will people ever learn that Apple is NOT a cell phone carrier and can only sell the phone. Unless you already have an up to date AT&T account in perfect standing, you are asking for trouble if you buy your phone via Apple.

How quickly everyone has forgotten all the problems last year that were had because they failed to understand the system.

Apple is the master of pointing the finger, playing the victim and blaming AT&T.

The poor suckers that believed Apple waited, and waited, and waited till they finally got their iPhone 4.

3. Itsmorowind macrumors member

i wonder as well, but I think I'm going with verizon instead of att.. i keep going back and forth ... URGHHH and do i want to go black or white... so many questions..

4. allmanbrother thread starter macrumors member

All I asked was if I could make a new AT&T account when I preorder, or if there is a way to make one now in advance without having to put a phone on it right when I make it. You're response was well thought out but didn't answer my questions.

5. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

You need to Make the new account under AT@T's website.

Apple ONLY sells the phone. They cannot create new accounts, etc etc.

You must use the AT@T website.

With that said, you SHOULD be able to do what you asked.

6. allmanbrother thread starter macrumors member

Haha yeah I understand I've been going through this all week. I'm excited though!

7. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Verizon or AT@T?

BLACK OR WHITE?

2GB or 4GB?!?!?!?

INSURANCE OR NO INSURANCE???

Just messin :p

8. allmanbrother thread starter macrumors member

Where can I make an account on the AT&T website that I can later access tomorrow to put the iPhone plans on?

9. rkahl macrumors 65816

It's best to buy from the source since Apple will have majority of stock. Did you buy the iPhone 4 last year?

10. Itsmorowind macrumors member

I went on the apple website and did a mock purchase.. I am switching carriers and it gave the option to set up my plan via apple.com. What is wrong with that option? I want to purchase from apple for applecare+

11. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Re-thinking this.
    You probably won't be able to start an account online. You MAY need to go to a store, or Call.

12. allmanbrother thread starter macrumors member

Just pretend someone didn't have a cell phone at all and they want to pre-order an iPhone 4S tomorrow with an AT&T plan. What would they do?

13. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Go to an AT@T store.

14. allmanbrother thread starter macrumors member

It's closed.

----------

Just went through the motions of buying an iPhone and there is an option for brand new AT&T customers to make an account, awesome! Thank you for everyone's replies and I hope everyone enjoys their new iPhone!

15. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

FWIW, I have a friend who works for AT&T. Just texted her this question (because I'm going to be setting up a new acct for myself as well) and can post what she replies as soon as I hear back.

----------

OK, she said that there's no way to get that far in the system without having the equipment selected already.

16. allmanbrother thread starter macrumors member

Could you by any chance ask her about multiple purchases? Will I be able to buy 4 iPhone's for my family under my new family plan?