New AT&T/iPhone customer and telemarketing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thekills, Jun 30, 2009.

1. thekills macrumors member

So, I got the iphone a week ago. I'm a new AT&T customer and they issued me a new number (not ported or transferred or anything)

Since I got the iphone, in the last week, I've had 4 wrong number calls and 5 telemarketing/BS calls. In. One. Effing. Week.

Is this normal? Do you guys get a bunch of these? Do you block them somehow (I'm thinking about using the silent ringtone solution)

Any use in adding my number to a donotcall list or is this just for landlines?

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I think you should just go into your AT&T store and get a new number. I don't think there is much you can do. Whoever had that number last must have really done a number on it.

3. lw9090 macrumors regular

new number

I would go get a new number if you can. When I got my phone last year I started getting hammered with telemarkers and bill collectors from who ever owned the number. I got the FCC involved with one telemarketer. After that they stopped....

4. joro macrumors 68020

joro

You can add cell numbers to the DNC list, that’s what I would recommend doing or, if you’re not attached to the number, get AT&T to give you a new one.