New at&t test message plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SouthernMac, Sep 10, 2011.

1. SouthernMac macrumors member

With the new at&t text plan (unlimited calling to any cellular), I was thinking about downgrading my minutes. I currently have the unlimited data plan. Will this screw up my unlimited data?

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Nope. Only messing with your data plan with mess up unlimited data.

3. SouthernMac thread starter macrumors member

4. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

Yeah it shouldn't interfere. You can live chat with AT&T reps on their website though and I find it safer since they can access your info directly and you have a transcript of it (and you don't have to try to understand each other or verbally spell out URLs or SNs etc.).

5. blunti macrumors 6502a

what's the point in having unlimited
    minutes anymore then? I'm not sure where the catch is in this new promotion?!

6. forcetactic macrumors 6502

It was introduced to prevent people from switching to Verizon for iPhone so there is no catch. Some people use little text and have unused minutes so they don't get it

7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

What exactly is the new promotion? Can someone give me a few more details? Thanks!

----------

What does ur txt plan have to do with unlimited mobile to mobile calling? Not trying to sound arrogant, just trying to understand exactly what the promotion entails. I guess I could go to AT&T site, but just too lazy today.

8. SomeonePlzHelp macrumors regular

Well I just got a text from them the other day and it said since my family has unlimited messaging in our plan, they have now added unlimited calling to any US mobile number. And it said it has been done free of charge to reward loyal customers, and will not affect my phone bill.

So basically since I have unlimited text, they just give us a little bonus.

9. pugnut macrumors 6502a

No- But you will lose your roll over minutes. They will only let you carry over as much as the new plan allows. If you have rollover minutes ask to keep them, I kept the well over 6,000 when I downgraded to the 700 minute plan.