New ATT Customer? Get iPhone 4 now or wait six months?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vbman213, Jun 13, 2010.

1. vbman213 macrumors 6502

I will be getting the iPhone 4 as my first ever iPhone! I've owned all the iPod Touch generations, so iDevices are not new tech for me.

My question is, should I just go with AT&T now or wait and see if Verizon picks up the iPhone in six months?

2. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Go with it now if u can, in 6 months time your 1/2 way to iPhone 5 tbh....

3. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Get it now. Verizon isn't guaranteed to get the phone at all...

4. vbman213 thread starter macrumors 6502

Very true!

Thanks

5. cowsrus macrumors 6502

this
    if you wait 6th months you will be thrown into the group of people who are screwed out of upgrading every single year

like the "eligible in 2/2011" people who missed the 6 month off your contract deal

6. Kawininja619 macrumors member

I dont mean to threadjack but I am in this same situation. My verizon contract is up in december. Should I just pay the etf ($90 or something) and get the new iphone?

7. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

I swallowed the EFT and ported my number over to get grandfathered in on the unlimited data and the iPhone 4. This was back before the WWDC even began and the new phone was announced. Now that I did, looking back I am glad to have done so.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you are going to wait 6 months then I'd wait a year for the iPhone 5. If you get an iPhone in Dec then you are going to be bummed when all the iPhone 5 rumors start popping up in January.

The only reason not to go w/ ATT is that service in your area is weak. I know SF has issue, as does NYC. But other areas like DC and Atlanta have great service. So it really depends on where you live.