- Mar 14, 2004
Might help to give us some idea of how your network is configured and how the aTV is connecting.
Not that it helps, but I've had a aTV4 since launch and run Plex almost every day and I don't think it's crashed or frozen once. Mine is connected via Ethernet to a switch and through an AE (assigning a static IP) before connecting to the internet via a broadband modem.
I have a Motorola Surfboard modem which shares a split coaxial cable with an Arris internet telephone modem. The Surfboard modem connects to a 4th generation Airport Extreme.
Connected to the Airport Extreme via Ethernet:
- Mac Mini (Core2Duo) running OS X 10.6.8 server
- Plex Server
- Time Machine server
- File Server: AFP and SMB
- Running NZBGet, Sonarr, Transmission, and Screens Connect
- Four external hard drives (Firewire 400 and USB 2)
- Synology DiskStation DS115j:
- running basic file sharing and media server
- ATV 4