Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
200.gif

cant wait 'til April

Reactions: RootBeerMan

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Immediate thoughts after watching that trailer:
  1. That opening with Tony is both visually and dramatically very cool.
  2. Wow, this looks like it might be the mopiest Avengers movie yet.
  3. Oh, great, the archer is back to help fight the nearly omniscient being. :rolleyes:
  4. Whew, great, a bit of levity at the end.
  5. Overall, very excited.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Yep, Hawkeye is back, but he's not going to be Hawkeye. He will be in his other mode, Ronin. Looks like he was wielding a sword, not a bow. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the character.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Hawkeye is an Olympic level archer, thank you (and Jeremy Renner trained with them too).

With Doctor Strange presently dust-to-dust, Hawkeye’s +(Ronin)+ arc is the only one I care about. Renner has been criminally underused (and poorly by Whedon). He’s a great actor who is easily up to the task emotionally and athletically. Plus, he may have learned Iaido and Kendo to play Ronin (his katana draw is classic cinematic Iaido).

Now, Ant-Man? I could understand the lack of enthusiasm. ;)

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
I assume Captain Marvel finds Tony Stark.
I wouldn't assume anything, at this point. If he's rescued, it could be just about anyone. At the end of the last film Captain Marvel was summoned to Earth, not Titan.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
I am excited and have watched it way to many times already!!
Yeah. I'm enjoying seeing all the seemingly butthurt people that are currently complaining about all the articles that are being posted about the trailer and the movie. You'd think that someone was going house to house and forcing them to read the commentaries at gun point.

Pntblnk

macrumors member
May 10, 2018
Nashville TN
Excited for End Game as well....love the franchise and looking forward to this next adventure with Captain Marvel and Ronin. Not exactly anxious for Captain America to meet his demise, like Chris and how well he plays the character. (Speculation based on his contract comments) i would also like to see Hulk get more screen time, don’t care for puny Banner but love the green guy.

daimos

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
So the strongest of them all has a weakness. A bike crash will kill her.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
So the strongest of them all has a weakness. A bike crash will kill her.
Ummm...no. Lots of the filming took place in California, like the bike scene, and the law is very clear. Everyone, even in a movie, has to wear a helmet. That's why all the outlaw bikers in Son's of Anarchy and The Mayans, M.C. always have to be wearing helmets. There are no exceptions.

The character is invulnerable, so she wouldn't need a helmet, if it were real.

daimos

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
i guess my point is hollywood can get away with a lot of traffic laws. in that same clip, Samuel Jackson is not wearing a seatbelt, all to make them more mean and macho. yet, they draw a line on our beloved Thanos-killer.
Discuss.
;)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i guess my point is hollywood can get away with a lot of traffic laws. in that same clip, Samuel Jackson is not wearing a seatbelt, all to make them more mean and macho. yet, they draw a line on our beloved Thanos-killer.
Discuss.
;)
It's a movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.