New! Backgrounds App!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by andreab35, Nov 11, 2008.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know about a cool new app that I found on the app store today. It's called 'Backgrounds'. (and no, I'm not the creator, I have no skill whatsoever with this stuff!)
    I always look for new wallpapers for my phone. This app has many catagories to choose from for picking wallpapers. Once you've found the right one, just save it, and it will directly save to the photo album. Later in settings or from your album, you can make it your wallpaper.
    I totally recommend downloading it if you like different wallpapers. It saves time too instead of going on Safari and saving the right photo you want.

Try it out and see how you like it. The only feature I wish it had is a search function, but that's ok. It's a 5 star app for me..

And best of all, it's free!

:D

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Wallpapersearch does the same thing. It also has a search function.

3. DigMe macrumors 6502

Is this like Endless Walls where the content is almost all stolen from others with no credit to the creator or is this all original stuff?

4. Amon37 macrumors regular

Does this save to the camera roll or to photo's? because if it saves to the camera roll, that gets annoying when syncing.

Edit it saves to the camera roll. I will need to move them to customer folder instead of having wallpapers everywhere.

5. DreamPod macrumors 65816

You could just browse to an iPhone wallpaper website and do a screengrab from there; no need to get a specific app to do it.

6. yearnray macrumors newbie

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

No, all it does is let you download a screenshot to your photos app (which, as I said, you can do in Safari without any other app - you can even capture any image you want, not just ones formatted for the iPhone). Then from the photos app you can set any picture as your lock-screen background. Can't change the home-screen background or anything like that.

8. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

It also doesn't help that most of the images included are not meant to be iPhone/ipod touch wallpapers ..
    they just look like random images from Google image search - not to mention the quality of some --*shudders*--. :rolleyes:

R-Fly

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

amen. this app suxor. I found ONE image I wanted and saved it, only to find it was a square format. As they say, you get what you pay for.