New Bands coming from Apple

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Mojopin, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

from link: http://9to5mac.com/2016/02/02/march-15-event-4-inch-phone-new-ipad-apple-watch/

Following up on September’s Apple Watch updates, this spring’s Apple Watch refresh will focus on new bands and software, according to sources. The new band lines will include multiple new colors for the rubberized Sport bands, new Hermès bands, a ‘space black’ version of the Milanese Loop, and an entirely new band line made of a new material. Supply chain sources indicate that Apple has been testing a series of “high-quality” NATO-style nylon bands for the Apple Watch, but we have not confirmed that this is indeed the new line launching in March.

Look forward to the Black milanese

2. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

NATO-style would interest me. "New material"? Not if it's unicorn skin.

3. Mojopin thread starter macrumors regular

Mojopin

I think unicorn hide is being regulated so I doubt we'll see that until AW 5 :(

4. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

5. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

in the case of the milanese it pinched me so much by the time I changed to something else it was composed of mostly my own skin!!

6. Mojopin thread starter macrumors regular

Mojopin

That's the Gein band which is coming for AW 8, but they have a lot of red tape to go through.

7. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

$10,000 watchband for your $15,000 Apple Watch...

8. handsome pete macrumors 68000

A NATO band might finally get me to go with something other than the sport band. I had been contemplating a third party NATO solution for a while, so I might wait this out. Hopefully they'll get one out in the $100-$125 range, but I think it'll likely sit up there with the other $150 bands.

9. Qqueenie macrumors regular

Qqueenie

I can't wait to see the new sports band colors! The Fall 2015 bands were beautiful.

10. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I hope this means they do not plan on making anything Apple Watch this year. I think this one is still fantastic, and we just need updates. No new features are required.

11. Qqueenie macrumors regular

Qqueenie

I am persuaded that we'll either see a new one in September alongside the new iPhone or next March as its own event. Regardless, the fact that they are coming out with lots of new bands for the watch in the spring suggests that they are not planning to redesign the watch such that current bands are incompatible, which is my only fear about gen 2!

12. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah I agree about the new bands hopefully working with gen 2. I think the Watch is big enough to hold its own event, so I think if we are not seeing one in March, we will not see one this year. I think the Watch needs to go on an every 2 or so year cycle. No need for a new one every year. Just keep giving us new bands

13. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I'm excited to see which new bands Apple shows off at the March event. I love getting new bands for my silver sport, it's one of my favorite parts of the Watch: the customization is fantastic. NATO nylon straps would be interesting, probably would be pretty pricey tho.

14. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

I want the new bands to ADD to the functionality of the Apple Watch...possibly even use the hidden port.

I want some sweat analysis! Maybe read my blood sugars. Maybe even a real ECG.